Au Revoir Kyle | Page 3 | Vital Football

Au Revoir Kyle

Some proper dick heads on social media abusing him personally.

Spursex - 15/7/2017 19:07

Big Chiv - 14/7/2017 21:33

Taricco the yid - 14/7/2017 18:45

At the end of the day his head was turned and the money he is now making was to good to refuse.

No one else wanted him so we sold to city

So if Dier or Deli or Harry have their head turned by the money on offer at manure ?

Same old same old Levy, it looked for a while like he'd turned over a new leaf, a leopard never changes it's spots they say and it's true.

If ANY of our players has their head turned and wants to earn the big bucks and win trophies, it's not down to them to say where they go, it's down to Levy to decide who he sells to.

Barca/ Real/ Bayern/ PSG pay the money and win the trophies, either they go there or stay put, all our players are under contract, it is pathetic that Levy chose to sell to a rival.

I don't blame Levy for this at all, he made it clear that we'd only sell for sporting reasons - and it is VERY clear that Poch was happy to cash in and obviously believes that we can be as good or better without him.

I think you're firing arrows at the wrong target here.

I get that Poch thinks Walker is dispensable, but Levy does the selling and has sold to a rival.

Or maybe Levy thinks that with Wembley being our 'home' next season, our rivals are more likely to be West Brom or Swansea, I wouldn't argue with that given Poch's complete inability to tactically overcome the big Wembley pitch last season lol.

Big Chiv - 15/7/2017 22:23

Spursex - 15/7/2017 19:07

Big Chiv - 14/7/2017 21:33

Taricco the yid - 14/7/2017 18:45

At the end of the day his head was turned and the money he is now making was to good to refuse.

No one else wanted him so we sold to city

So if Dier or Deli or Harry have their head turned by the money on offer at manure ?

Same old same old Levy, it looked for a while like he'd turned over a new leaf, a leopard never changes it's spots they say and it's true.

If ANY of our players has their head turned and wants to earn the big bucks and win trophies, it's not down to them to say where they go, it's down to Levy to decide who he sells to.

Barca/ Real/ Bayern/ PSG pay the money and win the trophies, either they go there or stay put, all our players are under contract, it is pathetic that Levy chose to sell to a rival.

I don't blame Levy for this at all, he made it clear that we'd only sell for sporting reasons - and it is VERY clear that Poch was happy to cash in and obviously believes that we can be as good or better without him.

I think you're firing arrows at the wrong target here.

I get that Poch thinks Walker is dispensable, but Levy does the selling and has sold to a rival.

Or maybe Levy thinks that with Wembley being our 'home' next season, our rivals are more likely to be West Brom or Swansea, I wouldn't argue with that given Poch's complete inability to tactically overcome the big Wembley pitch last season lol.

If Poch doesn't come up with a new tactical/amended tactical approach for Wembley, he won't last long...

I was wondering about this. Our tactics for next season. Rose won't be back so we don't have searing pace on the flanks potentially.

Our opponents will suss us out and gear up accordingly. I don't mind the backs staying deeper and sending in diagonal balls instead of heading for the touchline and cutting back etc.

Oh I hope this is true and not just more press BS...

Walker may well end up a bench warmer..!!!

City to fight Chelsea for Real’s £21m Danilo
Duncan Castles

July 16 2017, 12:01am, The Sunday Times
Real deal: Chelsea and Manchester City are in competition to sign Danilo

RUBEN ALBARRAN

Chelsea yesterday completed the £40m signing of midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco but now face competition from Manchester City for another of their summer targets. Brazil international Danilo is wanted by both Premier League clubs and is expected to cost a minimum of €25m (£21.9m).

Chelsea and Juventus were thought to be leading the way for the Real Madrid defender but City have now made an approach as they seek to meet Pep Guardiola’s lavish demands for a full cohort of new full-backs. If City were to pay the expected asking price it would take their summer spend on transfer fees for right- backs alone to more than £70m, after the recruitment of Kyle Walker for what could amount to £50m.

As The Sunday Times first reported in October last year, Guardiola asked his employers to furnish him with two new right-backs and two new left-backs in the current transfer window. At the tail-end of last season, the Catalan publicly expressed his frustration with the players he has been using to fill positions of significant importance to his tactics — most notably Gael Clichy, Pablo Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna and Aleksandar Kolarov — stating that “they have no talent in the legs to go up and down”.

Walker’s representatives stated that his signing involved a “record fee for a defender and record fee for an English player”, indicating that the cost was higher still, surpassing City deals for John Stones and Raheem Sterling.

The 27-year-old’s purchase followed the unexpected collapse of a deal to reunite Dani Alves with Guardiola. Guardiola, who won two Champions League and three Spanish titles at Barcelona with Dani as a first-choice full back, had met the 34-year-old the previous day in the expectation that a verbally agreed free transfer from Juventus was about to be completed.

Instead, Chelsea, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain inquired about gazumping City’s deal, with the French club ultimately persuading the Brazilian to turn his back on Guardiola by means of a series of persuasive phone calls and a lucrative financial package worth around 60% more than the offer from the Etihad.

Ironically, given the size of the fee City subsequently committed to Walker’s transfer, Dani had been assured by the Premier League club that he would be their starting right-back for the coming campaign, taking a particular responsibility for Champions League and key domestic fixtures.

In addition to their pursuit of Danilo, City have also gone head-to-head with Chelsea for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro, who is valued by the Italian champions at £60m. Other candidates for the left side of Guardiola’s defence include Southampton left-back Ryan Bertrand, who is also coveted by Liverpool and priced aggressively by the south coast club, and Benjamin Mendy, for whom Monaco have asked €65m (£56.9m).

I love for us to make a statement and go for Serg Aurier. But I don't think we will. I am really worried for our club.

We have to be realistic PJ, we won't be signing PSG number 1 RB.

I like the look of Perreira. He has loads of talent, pace, stamina that Walker had. Can play RWB/LWB. He isn't the finished article but the basics are there.

Cedric from the saints is the best RB we can get around from what I have seen. He would cost 30m easily though.

I know RD but I can dream. I just hate the fact that we have qualified for champions league. Finishing 2nd and 3rd. Yet we still cannot compete, even with teams who are not in the champions league.

pjones40 - 16/7/2017 23:57

I know RD but I can dream. I just hate the fact that we have qualified for champions league. Finishing 2nd and 3rd. Yet we still cannot compete, even with teams who are not in the champions league.

Definitely think we need a new wage ceiling. I know we have only recently signed most of our key players to new deals, but Kane and Alli should be on 150k + bonuses and the 2nd tier elite players like Lloris, Eriksen, Son etc should be on 80-100k. We need to be able to sign promising youngsters to develop, but these players are expecting to be on 80k+ minimum once they seal a deal to a large European club, and with the list of teams willing to pay those wages, we are going to struggle to enable a good transfer strategy over the next few years of paying off the stadium. It is all well and good pointing out players like Alli and saying "you don't need to spend big money to find talent", but players like him are 1 in a million, to step up that seamlessly from 2 divisions below and become a key player in one of the top sides in the country is very rare indeed.

We are stuck signing third rate players from Europe because we will only pay third rate wages. The Sissoko signing proves how terrified we are to sign players who will demand the same or more as Kane. We are quite happy to spend big on the transfer fee but they know it will be more expensive to upset the wage structure and give everyone wage increases. But, in my opinion, it is better to spend double the money and pay double the wages on a player you know will fit, than spend the same on third rate "potential" players hoping to strike a bargain every time. I don't disagree with astute business and identifying the best targets in a certain price range, but we must also be willing to identify targets in the brackets above that as well.

It does make me wish all the more that Lamela and Sissoko had been resounding successes, every time we break our transfer record it seems the player inevitably lets us down, the rare exception being Modric (who even himself looked like he might leave after that first season). It's the sort of trend that can strengthen misconceptions like, when we spend big, the player fails, when really, the lesson learned should be, when spending big, we are incorrectly identifying the correct type of player to spend big on. We should have spent £30m on a striker and £16m (or whatever Janssen cost) on a midfielder, as we were very strong in MF without Sissoko the whole season, whereas having a top quality striker would have given us more flexibility in the final third. We really need to assess our scouting team and find out how to better equip ourselves during the transfer market, I feel the trend over the years of big money failures has to go beyond Poch.

Im not pissed that Walker has gone as I think Tripps is a more than capable replacement and it gives KWP more of a chance.
I am pissed though that we missed a trick by not taking one of theirs as part of the deal to strengthen our squad. We should have insisted on Ineacheo IMO. :26:

Incredibly Trippier created the same number of chances as Walker playing 25 fewer games. 84 chances. Mainly down to far better crossing.

Wasn't it Linekar that said on Twitter - "imagine how much Walker would have cost if he could cross a ball!"

As much as I love Walker, that's a very accurate assessment. Pereira looks a decent crosser from what I've seen. Although there are rumours that we have dropped our interest in him because he wants the Juve move.

I wonder if we are going to take the risk with Trips and KWP now. I'm pretty sure Levy will give Poch a reach-around if he does promote KWP and it ends up paying off.

rackny - 17/7/2017 08:49

Im not pissed that Walker has gone as I think Tripps is a more than capable replacement and it gives KWP more of a chance.
I am pissed though that we missed a trick by not taking one of theirs as part of the deal to strengthen our squad. We should have insisted on Ineacheo IMO. :26:
Presumably our manager didn't want Ineacheo.

Don't see why people are still blaming levy for this. Clearly walker and poch have had some sort of issue and poch has wanted him gone,as is his usual style. Fair play to levy in backing poch and getting the deal done early and not stabilise the team even though waiting till later in the window would probably have given us more from the desperate big spenders.

meee93 - 18/7/2017 13:57

Don't see why people are still blaming levy for this. Clearly walker and poch have had some sort of issue and poch has wanted him gone,as is his usual style. Fair play to levy in backing poch and getting the deal done early and not stabilise the team even though waiting till later in the window would probably have given us more from the desperate big spenders.

Perhaps. But City are the biggest spenders and offer stupid money up front to get the deal completed early. We don't want Pep stamping his foot and throwing a tantrum do we. :15:

Shame Levy isn't so quick at getting players in rather than out, Poch has said numerous times since he's been here that he would like incoming deals done early .

Big Chiv - 18/7/2017 15:00

Shame Levy isn't so quick at getting players in rather than out, Poch has said numerous times since he's been here that he would like incoming deals done early .

As much as it is frustrating me as well, we cannot blame Levy for how insane the market is at the moment. Out of all the PL teams, we easily have the most settled, capable team who SHOULD be able to win some form of silverware next season with what we already have. Really, all we're likely to be doing is strengthening our squad and for that, to spend silly money would be crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I've been getting all irate about our lack of activity but after seeing some of the other deals and rumours floating around these past few weeks, I can sort of understand why we're probably having to play it smart and unfortunately not get players in as quickly as we want.

Matic - 18/7/2017 16:37

Big Chiv - 18/7/2017 15:00

As much as it is frustrating me as well, we cannot blame Levy for how insane the market is at the moment. Out of all the PL teams, we easily have the most settled, capable team who SHOULD be able to win some form of silverware next season with what we already have. Really, all we're likely to be doing is strengthening our squad and for that, to spend silly money would be crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I've been getting all irate about our lack of activity but after seeing some of the other deals and rumours floating around these past few weeks, I can sort of understand why we're probably having to play it smart and unfortunately not get players in as quickly as we want.

I agree with you that we have a settled squad and I said a while back that I'm not really that bothered if we sign or not.

However, you can bet your boots that 1 or 2 signings will be made, probably in the bargain basement area of the market, in which case their is no excuse for Levy not making these signings weeks ago, and at least giving the poor suckers some chance of pre season under Poch.

Bald Archie - 18/7/2017 05:34

We can't presume anything in that regard. We have no idea if he was wanted by the Manager, if City would have considered a sale or if the player would have agreed to move.

CanadianSpur - 18/7/2017 20:30

Bald Archie - 18/7/2017 05:34

We can't presume anything in that regard. We have no idea if he was wanted by the Manager, if City would have considered a sale or if the player would have agreed to move.

Oh dear, not still trying to pick holes in my posts. :1:

Why don't you go and take issue with Rackny for his assumption that we didn't insist on Ineacheo, and then go and take issue with everyone else that posts a view and not something which is demonstrable FACT.