Attending Games Next Season | Page 7 | Vital Football

Attending Games Next Season

By trying to put together a local consortium to buy both club and ground - only to find that nobody would join him? He's gone on record as saying he simply couldnt afford to take on a minor loss-making stadium and a major loss-making football club.

Remind me of Uncle Dave & Sharpey's contribution to the survival effort in 2020? (Hint - rearrange these letters FCUK LAL).

It's always puzzled me as to why the Whelan's didn't contribute to the survival fund, I find it very strange and more than a tad disappointing.

Bicky, put that bloody shovel down. With every post, in an effort to justify your position, you make dafter and dafter claims.

Read back through this thread, and please, show anything that either Mike93 or pie eater has posted that is "offensive" to our club.

Go on. Find anything. Just one little thing. There's nowt. It's all in your head.

Saying 'you' when describing our club and not 'we', arguing in the same post the improvement of our attendance figures this season is because three teams brought 5k to the DW, not knowing that nobody gets 5k allocations, defending pollard and his attempts to steal the stadium and just today a derogatory remark questioning Whelans and Sharps loyalty during the administration.

As a WAFC fan I find these remarks by pie eater highly "offensive".

Saying 'you' when describing our club and not 'we', arguing in the same post the improvement of our attendance figures this season is because three teams brought 5k to the DW, not knowing that nobody gets 5k allocations, defending pollard and his attempts to steal the stadium and just today a derogatory remark questioning Whelans and Sharps loyalty during the administration.

As a WAFC fan I find these remarks by pie eater highly "offensive".

By 'eck, I think we're re-writing the definition of "offensive" here, but go on then, I'll play.

Pie eater said "when you are playing" ... it' would be perfectly normal talk for any northerner to say "you" in that context and in fact mean "we". It's a way of referring to themself as a third person. Like ..."it's not as good when you sit in a red seat as a blue one" ... or "when you only get a ticket allocation of 1200, then someone's going to miss out". Though "you" is used, either "we" or "I" is implied.

I've no idea what ticket allocation away fans got last season ....is it 4.5k? Must be pushing 5, but it's irrelevant anyway.

Though I found what Lenegan tried to do offensive (even though I supported him in the early days) I honestly can't see anything offensive in what PE's posted.

As for DW and Sharpey, I suppose he has a point ... in fact I seem to recollect quite a few posts on here bemoaning the fact that DW didn't seem to be doing much to prevent the worst case scenario.

Let's be fair though ... even if PE is Mutty, and supports the rugby, and another football club, so what? Where has he slagged off - or been offensive to - Wigan Athletic? If he is who Bicky says he is, then at some point, he will slag off the club, and he'll deserve whatever he gets, but at the moment, in this thread at least, there's bugger all to get wound up about.

How thin skinned do you (as in we) need to be to find offence in any of PE's posts in this thread?!

By 'eck, I think we're re-writing the definition of "offensive" here, but go on then, I'll play.

Pie eater said "when you are playing" ... it' would be perfectly normal talk for any northerner to say "you" in that context and in fact mean "we". It's a way of referring to themself as a third person. Like ..."it's not as good when you sit in a red seat as a blue one" ... or "when you only get a ticket allocation of 1200, then someone's going to miss out". Though "you" is used, either "we" or "I" is implied.

I've no idea what ticket allocation away fans got last season ....is it 4.5k? Must be pushing 5, but it's irrelevant anyway.

Though I found what Lenegan tried to do offensive (even though I supported him in the early days) I honestly can't see anything offensive in what PE's posted.

As for DW and Sharpey, I suppose he has a point ... in fact I seem to recollect quite a few posts on here bemoaning the fact that DW didn't seem to be doing much to prevent the worst case scenario.

Let's be fair though ... even if PE is Mutty, and supports the rugby, and another football club, so what? Where has he slagged off - or been offensive to - Wigan Athletic? If he is who Bicky says he is, then at some point, he will slag off the club, and he'll deserve whatever he gets, but at the moment, in this thread at least, there's bugger all to get wound up about.

How thin skinned do you (as in we) need to be to find offence in any of PE's posts in this thread?!

I also find offence in your sarcastic reply, but that is you all over.

I don't care how you analyse what this pie eater mon has posted he is no Wigan Athletic fan, as for the other fellow who started this post and seems to have lit the touch paper and stepped back, I question his motives, this forum is not an airport there is no need to announce arrivals or departures and if he is actually a rugby fan (who in my opinion are more than welcome at OUR games) he must already know the stadium layout and where best to view games from, but he chose to be confrontational from the start before announcing his departure.

If you intended to buy a rugby season ticket would you go on their messageboards making announcements, no you would already know where you would like to sit and just pitch up to games, without proclaiming you are a latics fan.

I also find offence in your sarcastic reply, but that is you all over.

I don't care how you analyse what this pie eater mon has posted he is no Wigan Athletic fan, as for the other fellow who started this post and seems to have lit the touch paper and stepped back, I question his motives, this forum is not an airport there is no need to announce arrivals or departures and if he is actually a rugby fan (who in my opinion are more than welcome at OUR games) he must already know the stadium layout and where best to view games from, but he chose to be confrontational from the start before announcing his departure.

If you intended to buy a rugby season ticket would you go on their messageboards making announcements, no you would already know where you would like to sit and just pitch up to games, without proclaiming you are a latics fan.

LMB, if you find offence in what I posted, whether it be sarcastic or not, then there's very little point in us continuing this little to and fro, as I really wouldn't want to be held responsible for causing offence to you (and here, I mean "you", and not "we") again.

Mike could have been one of a number of personas, but one thing thing he most certainly wasn't was offensive.
Pie eater, to my mind, also wasn't offensive, but I suppose that you (meaning the reader) could take offence from what was posted if you really, really, really tried.

What a sorry state of affairs.

:slap:

The point of the matter & I get where Bickymon is coming from is why a non supporting WAFC fan frequents this forum & others? I'm not on a warriors forum, nor a Sunderland one or any other clubs forum for that matter. Why! Because I have no interest or desire in those other clubs. He/she should simply stick with the forums of the team(s) he/she chooses to support & leave this forum & others to genuine Tics fans.

Why is he/she so obsessed with Wigan any road?

How do you know they did ?

As far as I saw their name didnt appear in the crowdfunder but I could be wrong .
Don't intend getting into a discussion about it though
Yeah, you can donate anonymously as many folk did. As for the Whelans, I didn't say they did donate, but you flat out claimed they didn't as if it were a known fact, so I just thought I'd put you in your place.

And if they didn't then no complaints from me. Uncle Dave has put enough of his own cash into Wigan Athletic across his lifetime to make my dreams come true. He isn't even in charge of his own money anyway, his daughter is.

Guess I am only guilty of being a Wigan athletic fan
I love my club and stick by it no matter what
I hate folk that take piss out of it come on here to wind the fans up
I love my club my latics my life my all
I am sorry for way I am

No need to be sorry for being who you are Bicky ... just (occasionally) for what you say and what you do.

We're all the same.
;)

Yea i am sure the chinese were interested in what went on within our forum
And i bet i am not far off from bein right about this poster who started this thread
Afterall it has worked again causing the tics fans to argue with each other it is the mutty way
Peddling rubbish from 40 years ago bet you wasn't even born then were you ?
Anyway the fan base is growing going off our average home attendance of 10300 latics fans
Or maybe like i said a wind up merchant after causing shit on here

You are obviously the fountain of all knowledge Bicky. You know why the Chinese put is into admin. You know what the reason was for the original post. It appears that you are the one who is perpetuating the argument, but don't seem to see that as. You even know how old I am...wrong by the way. Astoundingly you have worked out that our fan base has got bigger in a season when, instead of fighting relegation, we were Champions.

We will be going into the Championship as a small fish in an ever bigger pond when it comes to attendances and we need to grow our fan base as much as possible and if that includes giving the benefit of the doubt to any prospective fan I don't think it is much to ask.

That is my opinion and you will never change it no matter how well informed you think you are.

You are obviously the fountain of all knowledge Bicky. You know why the Chinese put is into admin. You know what the reason was for the original post. It appears that you are the one who is perpetuating the argument, but don't seem to see that as. You even know how old I am...wrong by the way. Astoundingly you have worked out that our fan base has got bigger in a season when, instead of fighting relegation, we were Champions.

We will be going into the Championship as a small fish in an ever bigger pond when it comes to attendances and we need to grow our fan base as much as possible and if that includes giving the benefit of the doubt to any prospective fan I don't think it is much to ask.

That is my opinion and you will never change it no matter how well informed you think you are.

You are fully justified in having the opinion you hold oz, bicky may be wide of the mark on much of what he is saying but as I have posted previously in this thread two observations I made.

If you are already a season ticket holder/ regular attendee of warriors games at the DW you do not need to ask where the best place to watch games is, if any of us were planning to go to the rugby games we would know where we would like to sit, its not as though both clubs are struggling for room, on top of that getting involved in a row over his life long support of the rugby, then disappearing, hmmm!

Secondly the other fellow having a dig about the increase in home attendance being down to big teams bringing 5000 supporters, saying you and not we in reference to WAFC, again this fellow wanted to argue when challenged over his reasoning.

I did not react the same as bicky but you surely understand his reaction to these two, who behaved in a very suspicious way leading me, who welcomes any new fans irrespective of their history, to think they had ulterior motives for their presence on here.

The figure i quoted of 10300 home fans for this season was from a report on newsnow
That stated our average was up on the three other times we won the league one tital,the previous one being roughly 9500

The figure i quoted of 10300 home fans for this season was from a report on newsnow
That stated our average was up on the three other times we won the league one tital,the previous one being roughly 9500

That is correct, but you also need to take into account the opposition and their followings. If you deduct 4,000 of the 5,000 away fans for Bolton, Sunderland, and Sheff Wed (that weren't there in those other seasons because the likes of Southend were), and the 6,000 freebies for the Sunderland game (that weren't given out in those previous seasons), then the average would be 782 less - which is roughly 9500.

It also appears that post-pandemic, away followings have generally been better this season across all grounds as people missed live footy last season.

The only way to prove your claim and disprove my point is for the club to release figures of how many home tickets were sold this season compared to home tickets sold in previous ones, so until then we'll need to agree to disagree.

Does our crowd size matter?

Next season, in comparison to other ("big") clubs in the division, we'll no doubt be expected to fare poorly. So what. The team doing well is what matters. Crowd sizes don't get you any points.

We all go ... that's what matters.

It'd also be interesting to see what age split we've got going on.

The west stand, since relegation from the prem, got far younger in "my section" and that's always a good thing for the future.

Regarding crowds and involving the rugby for a second and this comes from someone with no axe to grind ( me ) I have noticed the catastrophic loss of numbers at rugby in general but Wigan in particular. Wigan rugby fans are particular fickle in whether they attend or not depending on likelihood of chances of winning.....I went to Edinburgh in the early 2000s to watch the cup final with heavy favourites Saints. It was fuckin embarrassing to say the least. Thousands and thousands of Saints fans ( over 20,000 apparently ) and about 5,000 Wigan. I loss count of the number of times I was asked " where the fuck are your lot ? "...... home games versus saints as well regularly got over 20k...lucky to get 12k now with 4k saints.

I love Wigan rugby but its dying on its arse.

I see about 7k have been sold for Spurs which is probably at that level because the majority think a win is guaranteed but at one time 40k at Wembley was no problem.

That is correct, but you also need to take into account the opposition and their followings. If you deduct 4,000 of the 5,000 away fans for Bolton, Sunderland, and Sheff Wed (that weren't there in those other seasons because the likes of Southend were), and the 6,000 freebies for the Sunderland game (that weren't given out in those previous seasons), then the average would be 782 less - which is roughly 9500.

It also appears that post-pandemic, away followings have generally been better this season across all grounds as people missed live footy last season.

The only way to prove your claim and disprove my point is for the club to release figures of how many home tickets were sold this season compared to home tickets sold in previous ones, so until then we'll need to agree to disagree.

Why are you arguing about attendance figures, it doesn.t matter at the end of the day, forget what it say in the papers or anywhere else for that matter, it is plain as day becomes night that there are more in the ground this season, I know a couple of people who haven't been for years, got a couple of freebies for Sunderland, from me, and have been to every home game since, they also travelled to Ipswich and Portsmouth away again something they haven't done for years.
Can you answer something for me that can nip these arguments in the bud, are you a WAFC fan, do you have a season ticket, do you go to home games and perhaps away, and where do you sit in the ground.