Atsu/yedlin | Page 2 | Vital Football

Atsu/yedlin

I see where ur both coming from- if that helps?!

I agree with Pie’s over-riding view in that it’s pointless blaming a shit footballer for being exactly that (although that grade on ability is based on comparison with opponents in the league they are in. If Atsu was in the National League North he would probably be very good). These are the players Newcastle are in the market for. The fact Newcastle should be signing better players is irrelevant. They are what they are. Crap.

PK has a valid point as his criticism is based on effort in putting in a shift as the least expected should be 100%, irrespective of whether the player in question is shit. Comparatively speaking or otherwise.

The fact he's had his best game in ages for us and still done fk all speaks volumes. My main gripe with atsu is that he was brilliant for us until he got his contract. Since then he's got consistently worse. I don't think his work rate is under question but it makes you wonder if he'sgot worse under Benitez or because he's got his contract? Judging by the fact he still puts a shift in would make you think he's been Benitez'd

It's the first time I've said it - so no

I don't understand the relevance though??
You alluded to the difference in quality, which hasn't changed at all since we last played them, went 2-0 up , probably should have won and at least got a draw.

You alluded to the difference in quality, which hasn't changed at all since we last played them, went 2-0 up , probably should have won and at least got a draw.

I haven't a clue what point your trying to make to be honest

My comment was about the game I had just watched - considering the gulf in quality between the two teams I thought Atsu played well

That's it really

I haven't a clue what point your trying to make to be honest

My comment was about the game I had just watched - considering the gulf in quality between the two teams I thought Atsu played well

That's it really

He did well in a match that we were never really competitive in tho. Isn't that just great. He still done absolutely fuck all

Maybe i used the wrong word but you're telling me we are getting players on loan first to make sure they're barely adequate before signing them?

That's pretty much what happened as far as I can see. With Atsu and many others. Rafa is taking the piss man, has been for years.

Yedlin is fucking rubbish. 120 per cent not a premier league player. Offers nothing only giving the ball away. Complete and utter liability

Yedlin is fucking rubbish. 120 per cent not a premier league player. Offers nothing only giving the ball away. Complete and utter liability

He played for Sunderland and was dreadful for them too. Is it therefore a surprise that he’s still shit?

I can forgive lack of quality, but positioning? I mean constantly? What the fuck are they doing in training all week

oh aye but we were playing Manu who have massively outspent us

I just struggle with the argument that Ashley hasn't invested and has took the piss but then single certain players out because they aren't very good

Is the argument not that they all are not good enough ??

Nothings really changed in 7 years.
Back then we had maybe 3 players who could get in top 6 sides.
Now we have 3 players who are PL class.