Atsu/yedlin | Vital Football

Atsu/yedlin

Rza

Vital Champions League
These 2 really are trying to outdo each other for prize of the worst player in the squad. It really is a toss up, I can't honestlythink of 1 thing yedlin is good at. Pace? Pointless unless you actually use to your benefit. Cant defend, Can't tackle, Can't cross and has actually become a liability with his positioning and decision making. Atsu Same again can't think of 1 attribute, not 1. No pace Can't cross can't shoot, cant tackle either - completely and utterly useless yet Benitez keeps picking him. He hasn't many other options to yedlin atsu? Benitez must have acquired 3 centre half in the summer plus what we already had and still can't defend. Rubbish

I thought Atsu had a decent game today - that turn that took two players out created all the space for our goal

Sky Sports must have been willing an equaliser. They had 1-1 on the screen without a named scorer for Watford at least 10 mins before the actual goal.

I thought Atsu did alright and has done for a few games, worked hard to cover back as well which is the reason he’s currently starting ahead of Kenedy, and I can’t fucking stand Atsu.

What does he do tho? He wasn't brought in to graft. Hard Work is expected of every player. He was brought in for goals or assist and the **** can't beat a player or even trap a ball. He's like a winger version of diame altho diame at least puts a tackle in sometimes

It shows how far we have fallen when we are even debating Atsu's merits on the wing tbh. Not so many years ago we would be talking about Ginola or Robert, Gillespie you could go on and on. Atsu is a poor mans Wayne Routledge at best. At very best.

oh aye but we were playing Manu who have massively outspent us

I just struggle with the argument that Ashley hasn't invested and has took the piss but then single certain players out because they aren't very good

Is the argument not that they all are not good enough ??

oh aye but we were playing Manu who have massively outspent us

I just struggle with the argument that Ashley hasn't invested and has took the piss but then single certain players out because they aren't very good

Is the argument not that they all are not good enough ??

Nail on head.

I think it's only natural to discuss footballers and their shortcomings after games, we've been doing it for years, doesn't mean that Ashley has invested because he hasn't, and he's definitely taken the piss for over 12 years, out of the club, the supporters and the city, and continues to get away with it.

I think it's only natural to discuss footballers and their shortcomings after games, we've been doing it for years, doesn't mean that Ashley has invested because he hasn't, and he's definitely taken the piss for over 12 years, out of the club, the supporters and the city, and continues to get away with it.

As long as people from our city support him and his employees why not ?
It pains me to say this but he deserves to get away with it.

Taking aim at mediocre footballers whilst supporting the regime that buys and funds them is stupidity.

I'm not sure if you took my comment as a defense of Ashley - It certainly wasn't

It's just a bit strange to fully accept that the squad is weak on quality and paper thin but then complain that certain players didn't make the grade against one of the most expensive teams in the PL

Considering the difference in quality I thought Atsu did well

As long as people from our city support him and his employees why not ?
It pains me to say this but he deserves to get away with it.

Taking aim at mediocre footballers whilst supporting the regime that buys and funds them is stupidity.

So you're not allowed to have a go at a highly paid footballer for a poor performance or worse, not putting a shift in? Regardless of regime they should do their job to the maximum, forgive my stupidity.

Last edited:
So should we blame the footballers for accepting more money than they are worth ?

Imagine Atsu turning down Rafa's wage offer because he's not that good !

Stupid right ?

no, but we should blame any footballer not putting a shift in, it's really not that hard to understand and as football fans it's only natural to discuss players pros and cons, I'll just repeat what I said above shall I, Jesus Christ.

You seem to be arguing with yourself PK.

At no point have I suggested footballers should not be held to account,that appears to be the argument you are having with yourself.

What I have plainly stated(or so I believed) was the stupidity of having at go at sub par players,especially so in our unique situation where there is little or no investment,it's akin to criticising the performance of a cheap motor but not the person who bought it.

It's stupid.

Feel free to carry on with that fight against yourself though.