Atmosphere tonight.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Atmosphere tonight....

We didn't win any corners until well into the second half; for a change there wasn't a bad kick. OK, it would be good to have the occasional short corner but, hopefully, we've seen the end of over hit efforts.

But we never score from corners.

What? You mean we no longer sing
"Over the wall we go, all coppers are
.....nice men" (people, these days of course)

I like Gillingham, Gillingham, Gillingham, to the old Sousa/here we go tune -it's easy to sing, easy to learn, to the point and, while not unique, restricted to teams with three syllables in their name. Milwall can't sing it, e.g.

Sad that the RE has been really quiet these past few seasons but at least the authorities haven`t had to step in to close sections of the ground as a result of sectarian chanting. Rangers have once again fallen foul of this situation and UEFA has today told them to close off a section of 3K seats when they play their next home EUFA game !
We`ve had some great atmosphere occasions at Priestfield but they seem a long time ago. Let`s hope things change before too long

I am happy with anything that creates the atmosphere, singing, chanting, clapping, a drummer, as long as there is noise in support of the team I'm sure it makes a difference.

Me too, but an atmosphere is about the whole ground, not just the singing section. I tend to find when the turgid fake ultra songs are going, the rest of the ground is silent. However, in the second half, when the proper old school and Gills songs were being sung, there was noise, shouting and encouragement generated from the whole ground, including the non-singing sections.

Me too, but an atmosphere is about the whole ground, not just the singing section. I tend to find when the turgid fake ultra songs are going, the rest of the ground is silent. However, in the second half, when the proper old school and Gills songs were being sung, there was noise, shouting and encouragement generated from the whole ground, including the non-singing sections.
Agreed. “I like ultras as any form of atmosphere is good” is like saying you’ll accept a shag with Theresa May when you know Kelly Brook is available in ten minutes’ time. I don’t necessarily mean to say ultras are shit and to demean those who start the songs, they want a decent, lovey atmosphere like we do...

...but let us have ultras in the Town End which would otherwise be empty. Let’s get atmosphere there and let it compete with the more natural/spontaneous Rainham End, with its songs which people will join in with.

The RE can be quiet at times but it’s not always down to us not wanting to sing. I can’t be bothered to join in with Allez or When I Was Young but get other songs going and we’re with you.

Fair play to any of them that start a song that ignites the atmosphere.
Just think, you could have that monotonous awful one tone drone that the Millwall knuckle draggers only ever spew out. At least we do have a variety of songs!