Atmosphere tonight.... | Vital Football

Atmosphere tonight....

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Was excellent. Sitting in the Rainham End, it was like the good old days. To you moaners out there who always complain about no atmosphere, it's like I always say, when the team are playing well and give everything it's great. Well done to all, especially the team.

We didn't win any corners until well into the second half; for a change there wasn't a bad kick. OK, it would be good to have the occasional short corner but, hopefully, we've seen the end of over hit efforts.

Who took the corners? Used to be O’Neill didn’t it?

Yes, for a small crowd, but an excellent atmosphere in the second half. As ever the usual combo of it takes two to tango - the crowd need to spur the team on but equally the team needs to get the crowd going. Last night we had both and the “blame the crowd” crew will need to have a day off for once. Also, it was good to see the Rainham EnD drop the ultra cringey fake ultra chants in the second half.

I haven't got a clue what this means

The cringeworthy "Allez, Allez, Allez" which we heard in the first half being an example in point. Thankfully, these sort of chants were cut in the second half and credit to the Blackpool fans for not engaging in such rot - good turnout from them and good backing for the 200 or so.

The cringeworthy "Allez, Allez, Allez" which we heard in the first half being an example in point. Thankfully, these sort of chants were cut in the second half and credit to the Blackpool fans for not engaging in such rot - good turnout from them and good backing for the 200 or so.
Listening from the Medway stand, that was the loudest song from the RE all night.

The kids up the back like the 'Allez Allez' stuff and to be honest who cares? As long as there is a positive and supportive racket coming from the RE I don't particularly care. The good songs catch on the crap ones die. Older fans can always try to get 'Number One is Joey Dunne' going but most of the current RE youngsters weren't even born when he was playing.

The kids up the back like the 'Allez Allez' stuff and to be honest who cares? As long as there is a positive and supportive racket coming from the RE I don't particularly care. The good songs catch on the crap ones die. Older fans can always try to get 'Number One is Joey Dunne' going but most of the current RE youngsters weren't even born when he was playing.
The argument is the atmosphere suffers when the middle of the RE is trying to get the ultra/Allez songs going, less people singing or making noise. The second half was back to the normal RE of a few seasons ago and the whole stadium was singing. Better atmosphere is more enjoyable for us and can improve things on the pitch.

Best songs are the simple ones. ' We are the left side' ' we are the middle ' is always loud but rarely sung.

Hate that. It just sound boring.

How about some of the old songs that actually had a few words e g we are gillingham supergillingham from medway.

That's a Millwall song mate.
I agree i probaby sung that as a youth. But would not sing it now.

I think all this thread proves is that different fans enjoy different songs. Stop booing other people singing. If you dont like it dont sing it. As long as its not insulting just let ut go. All noise is good noise. Too long have gills fans been silent. Ultra songs or old school gimmer songs...lets just make a load of noise.