Aston Villa Working With WM Police To Stamp Out Hate Crime | Vital Football

Aston Villa Working With WM Police To Stamp Out Hate Crime

Yeah, I agree with you sirdennis, but I can't work out the connection.

Rashford and Tuanzebe are 'known' amongst other 'black' players who have been abused. But Tyreik Wright? Not a household name and let's face it there are hundreds throughout the leagues.

I've not followed the cases in any great detail, but it seems strange how certain players seemed to of been selected.

I suspect the police are wasting their time here. I'm not saying that the issue is trivial or unimportant but it's difficult to catch these people and even when you do catch them, what's the appropriate punishment for being a **** on the internet?

It's probably kids off 4chan trying to wind everyone up.

Yeah, I agree with you sirdennis, but I can't work out the connection.

Rashford and Tuanzebe are 'known' amongst other 'black' players who have been abused. But Tyreik Wright? Not a household name and let's face it there are hundreds throughout the leagues.

I've not followed the cases in any great detail, but it seems strange how certain players seemed to of been selected.

Looks to me from an image of the post is that it’s someone with a local connection, as there are mutual friends. So hopefully more chance the offender can be caught.

I suspect the police are wasting their time here. I'm not saying that the issue is trivial or unimportant but it's difficult to catch these people and even when you do catch them, what's the appropriate punishment for being a **** on the internet?

It's probably kids off 4chan trying to wind everyone up.

Sadly police have far more serious stuff to deal with and there aren't enough of them out there to deal with Burgulars rapists and speeding motorists, let alone track down internet posters/keyboard warriors. It's the way it is. Sticks and stones and all that.

I would say public-shaming would be effective, but unfortunately there are enough morons in the world today that would actually give hero-status to people like that... It's entirely unacceptable and yet unfortunately virtually impossible to eradicate/police, not helped by this new "wokeness" that exists nowadays that attempts to controversialize every solitary comment and action that isn't sunshine and roses. Separating genuinely hateful and harmful actions from immaturity and stupidity is virtually impossible. The media are quick to exacerbate a controversy from everything that is said, yet give an equal voice to the woke-crowd of celebrities who want to sh*t-stir at every opportunity.

I would say public-shaming would be effective, but unfortunately there are enough morons in the world today that would actually give hero-status to people like that... It's entirely unacceptable and yet unfortunately virtually impossible to eradicate/police, not helped by this new "wokeness" that exists nowadays that attempts to controversialize every solitary comment and action that isn't sunshine and roses. Separating genuinely hateful and harmful actions from immaturity and stupidity is virtually impossible. The media are quick to exacerbate a controversy from everything that is said, yet give an equal voice to the woke-crowd of celebrities who want to sh*t-stir at every opportunity.
As you say, a very fine line between genuine hate crime and some snowflake who is continually upset by just about everthing they hear or read that doesnt conform to their utopian world vision.
The police will neeed to ignore all other crime, or treble their numbers to deal with it.
The whole thing is beginning to resemble the McCarthyism in the States in the 50s when anyone working in Hollywood, or the arts was labelled a communist and dragged of the streets.

In my view, these trolls are immature attention-seekers. They remind me of hoax phone callers - they just love the disruption and chaos they can achieve oh so easily. Yet time after time we reward them with all this attention and hand-wringing. Quietly ban them, don't report it in the media, don't give them the fame they crave. They will shrivel up when deprived of the 'oxygen of publicity'.

'Hate crime' has very slippery definition IMO.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/hco/hate-crime/what-is-hate-crime/

"A hate crime is defined as 'Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race; religion or perceived religion; sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation; disability or perceived disability and any crime motivated by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.'"

Last edited:
'Hate crime' is has very slippery definition IMO.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/hco/hate-crime/what-is-hate-crime/

"A hate crime is defined as 'Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race; religion or perceived religion; sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation; disability or perceived disability and any crime motivated by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.'"
What about Old people, fat people, anorexic people, bald people, short people, tall people, Villa fans, it's never-ending really.

What about Old people, fat people, anorexic people, bald people, short people, tall people, Villa fans, it's never-ending really.
'You've offended me on the basis of my physical features, therefore I'm going to report you for a hate crime'. The police of course will lap this up as it's an easy way to boost their stats for the year. The devil is always in the detail with these things. The lack of actual free speech rights in this country could lead us into a difficult place eventually.

'You've offended me on the basis of my physical features, therefore I'm going to report you for a hate crime'. The police of course will lap this up as it's an easy way to boost their stats for the year. The devil is always in the detail with these things. The lack of actual free speech rights in this country could lead us into a difficult place eventually.
My Granddaughter is 10 she has aspergers, she also doesn't have any second teeth coming through and has 1 tooth left at the front which she won't have taken out as she would go into meltdown . She does look awful and she is a pretty little girl when she had teeth.
She likes to make tik tok videos and has received horrendous vile abuse about her looks. She's 10 years FFS.
My son has had the perpetrators banned and it's upset him more than her, my answer was typical me you should not let her on there but thinking about it why should she have to hide.

Its already led us into a difficult place , with left wing groups attacking speakers in universities that they disagree with, statues being torn down because they offend some one, people being verbally attacked because they post something disagreeing with climate change etc.
Anyone who then goes into print or voices an opinion that differs with these morons is vilified, to the extent that people are now losing their jobs etc because they disagree with a vocal minority.

I would ban them from accessing their accounts but leave the account open with a holding statement to say the user has been blocked due to abuse of the rules. I think public shaming might be the way forward, except if it becomes a token like an ASBO.

These are sometimes immature kids who don’t understand or appreciate what they are doing, and you wouldn’t want your auntie to see you’ve been banned for abusive behaviour, surely?

These are sometimes immature kids who don’t understand or appreciate what they are doing, and you wouldn’t want your auntie to see you’ve been banned for abusive behaviour, surely?[/QUOTE]

Au contraire - your elders in the family seeing this and giving you a dressing down is probably going to have the desired effect without the use of precious police resources. I agree a lot of it will be immature adolescents trying to look cool in front of their mates, it's an awkward time of life when many mistakes are made.