Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm

According to the b.mail Jack is definitely out. No harm in us learning how to play without him. Reckon Dean will be thinking about O'Hare, but he might reckon he's not ready for a start. We'll see.

Could go with both Kodj and Tammy up front. leaving a mid-field of Bolasie, Hourihane, McGinn and El Ghazi. Or leave Kodj out, play Whelan as DM and shove Hourihane and McGinn further forwards.

Tough game this , stoke unbeaten in 8 have finally found their feet in this division. Can see a draw
On paper I agree, in reality I think we will be comfortable winners. I was talking to a bloke at Youthclub last night who is a season ticket holder down there and he says they are bloody awful even during this Unbeaten streak

It'll be similar to the Middlesbrough game. We will win and win easily. Teams can't just sit back against us now and know we can't break them down. We have the tools to find these teams out now.

According to the b.mail Jack is definitely out. No harm in us learning how to play without him. Reckon Dean will be thinking about O'Hare, but he might reckon he's not ready for a start. We'll see.

Could go with both Kodj and Tammy up front. leaving a mid-field of Bolasie, Hourihane, McGinn and El Ghazi. Or leave Kodj out, play Whelan as DM and shove Hourihane and McGinn further forwards.

The usual standard of reporting from them. The headline is that Jack is out but as the article carries it states that he will have another fitness test .

Big miss if Jack is out in my humble . We haven't got anyone else to do what he does.

If we can't get results without JG we should not be anywhere near the championship top 6. We cannot ever be reliant on a single player

If we score make sure you celebrate safely, ffs they will be telling us when to clap next, boils my piss.

If we can't get results without JG we should not be anywhere near the championship top 6. We cannot ever be reliant on a single player

To be fair, take Hazard out of Chelsea and they struggle. Take Kane out of Spurs and so do they.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a reliance, but any team is weakened when you take their best player out.

Big miss if Jack is out in my humble . We haven't got anyone else to do what he does.[/QUOTE]Well yes I agree in that position but I reckon El Ghazi has got just as much skill as Jack and a at least as good a shot if not better. Could he play the number 10 role? he's got all the attributes and he can get out of tight spots with aplomb. Obviously I'm just guessing but I think he could to me he's not ya traditional winger he's far more but some players have only one position where they are comfortable maybe that's him I don't know or maybe Deano thinks he's far more valuable where he is interesting though.

a_ 1958 = where is that ? - I have recently been diagnosed Coelic so I have quite a few things that I am getting rid of, things like Pot Noodles, tinned Spaghetti, Lasagne sheets - that kind of thing - would like to give them to someone who needs them rather than the bin.
Does anyone know Gabby's address?

Knocked the wind out of my sails a bit Jack being out the thought of Whelan and Hourihane together with just Super John Mcginn with any kind of ability to beat a man fills me with dread. Perhaps Smithy will feel the same and take a chance on the little livewire that is Callum O'Hare but is he that brave ? I hope so

I can't believe Smith will replace Super Jack with Whelan though , it's sacrificing our attacking options for sure and it's not in Smith's nature.

O'Hare is the nearest like for like player for me.

Got to give him a chance sometime. Never seen him let us down when he's on the pitch so far.

If it doesn't work then plan B, switch El Ghazi in there and put Koj out wide.

I personally don't fancy Koj in the 10 role as he's a bit reluctant to pass and release the ball at the right time.

I'm thinking ahead here but for me, at some point in the near future , I'd like to see SJM as the quarterback with Callum and Jack ahead of him and Albert replacing the hapless Taylor at left back. We wouldn't need to defend as the Opposition would be too busy chasing shadows and picking the ball out of their net!

I'll be amazed if it's not Whelan.... Whelan seems to be his go to midfielder next in the pecking order.

Will also be interested to see what the fans say if it is him, as Bruce would have got slated.