Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm

I have loads of mates that are Blues fans (forgive me ?) and to a man they were gutted at losing Rowett

I too have loads and too a man they weren't bothered.

Yes he was over achieving in terms of league position but they were bored and found his style of play turgid.

Similar to Bruce. last season. he got us to a Playoff final yet loads of people wanted him out.

I too have loads and too a man they weren't bothered.

Yes he was over achieving in terms of league position but they were bored and found his style of play turgid.

Similar to Bruce. last season. he got us to a Playoff final yet loads of people wanted him out.
Oh! In that case I must be wrong. I do apologise and consider myself suitably chastised.

Potters aren't exactly hitting the heights, but they're not really falling over either. Think it's in our hands; can we maintain the high levels we've achieved? Yes, and I think we'll win. It's at home, which should be an extra factor.

I know Tammy is playing well, apart from the misses. But I'd like to see Kodj up front again. With the service he'd now get I think he'd make his mark. Bolasie is currently a bit of a mixture, and maybe keeping him as impact sub and playing Tammy out wide a bit could be useful.

3-1 to us.
I think Kodjia (under Smith) is a better option out wide as he tends to be more of a creative finisher, rather than a poacher in the box type. I say we keep it the same with Kodjia as an option off the bench out wide and maybe give Hogan 30 minutes through the middle. I have a feeling he’d bury a couple with the service we now provide...

I think Kodjia (under Smith) is a better option out wide as he tends to be more of a creative finisher, rather than a poacher in the box type. I say we keep it the same with Kodjia as an option off the bench out wide and maybe give Hogan 30 minutes through the middle. I have a feeling he’d bury a couple with the service we now provide...

Kodjia was poor on Fiday night. You watch his half hearted effort to get back for their second goal.

Abraham is better than Kodjia down the middle , and Bolasie is better than Kodjia out wide.

Kodjia wide, I just don't think works. He's a striker and a striker only in my very humble. Either that or he has just lost his edge after his horrible injuries.

I like Kodjia out wide in an attacking sense.

But he doesn't do enough defensively, and when your full back is Neil Taylor you need someone there who's going to help him out.... a lot.

Ah right. So I'm precious although you need to reiterate your comment because somebody has a contra point of view ???

I think people need to get over Kodjia, he’s good not great. Adomah was very good however has since been very average.

For all his brilliance at times, I think we’ve had times of bad decision making or letting the team down. He has bucket loads of talent but isn’t a premier league striker, which tells me something.

It’s far from the end of the world if we replace him or buy someone in addition to him.

The key on this one is to score early. Rowett will set them up to defend a 0-0, scupper that early, we are on the way.

And I think we will, so 3-1 win because, lets face it, Nyland will gift them at least 1 !.

In my opinion we need to be top 6 by New Years Day, if not, vultures will circle for our players I mean, I have heard the Bulls Head in Digbeth have already enquired about Nyland as their back up keeper is serving 3 months.

3-1 and onto the big one

Still hate Stoke for killing our Champions League dream.....

Flying high in the league... 2-0 up at home to cement our place in the top 4,.... 3 minutes to go......... end up drawing 2-2 and ultimately falling away.

And who scored the equaliser for Stoke that day in the 90th minute?!?!

GLENN FCUKING WHELAN!!!!

Not really sure what the point is you are making Xchurch, all deano had was a different opinion mate. He wasn't having a go.

Not sure Kodjia likes that position deano? Genuinely no idea. But agree he isn't the sort to do the bombing back as often, which makes me think he's more suited to the out and out striker role.

Yeah I'm sure Kodjia would prefer to be playing centrally and is more suited to that role but no way he's dislodging Tammy at the moment and I think he offers a lot from the wing going forward too..

He has that strikers instinct always wanting to be in scoring positions so if the play is coming down the opposite wing he tends to be on the far post in a threatening position when the ball comes over.

Having said that, Bolasie and El Ghazi are both ahead of him at present and rightfully so, but Kodjia is a good option on the bench to replace either of them (or Abraham) when needed.

After having a peek at a couple of Stoke forums this afternoon most of them seem confident they can nick a point. It seems half of them are bored to death by Rowett's dull brand of football and are expecting him to stifle the game and stick 9 men behind the ball. May not be as entertaining as some of the games we have seen recently.

Last edited: