Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm | Page 14 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm

It seems that Hourihane can only play effectively from a very narrow region of the pitch, play him too far back, or forward and he becomes more of a passenger.
I find myself agreeing with Merlin, strangely not for the first time, if O'Hare had of been given a start in the Grealish spot, it would have kept more of the team balance. Apart from that, it would have given Mr Smith the knowledge of whether O'Hare has it in him to play first team football.
From what I have seen of him, I think he has. He comes across as a cool customer on the pitch and he does love driving forward and he isn't averse to sticking the ball in the net.

I noticed it in the last home game and noticed it yesterday too, a lot of empty seats in R1 lower north which is always full and a lot of stewards/police on the steps between R1 and 2, anyone know why? Have people had their season tickets taken off them? Have they been moved?

I was working yesterday, but for me Hourihane and Whelan are not good enough to play midfield if we want to get into being a top 2 team.

Do not win enough ball and are limited, decent mid table players especially Hourihane but top level, nope.

Grealish being out certainly made it easier for Stoke. They knew we lacked anything coming through the middle and were able to double up on Bolasie and El Ghazi most of the time. El Ghazi was brilliant last week but he kept looking for cheap free kicks all game yesterday, I probably would have taken him off sooner. Not sure I agree with the criticism of Whelan, he broke up quite a few Stoke attacks and I think we would have struggled more without him in there.
Kodjia may have earned a recall for the Leeds game, was probably our MoM despite only playing 30 mins or thereabouts. I was impressed with Joe Allen as well, he was in the thick of everything and could have had 2 or 3 goals with better finishing.
Having said all that the weather was bloody awful yesterday, you could see the flags by the North stand had blown almost horizontal. Games are usually crap when conditions are like that

I was working yesterday, but for me Hourihane and Whelan are not good enough to play midfield if we want to get into being a top 2 team.

Do not win enough ball and are limited, decent mid table players especially Hourihane but top level, nope.

Mid table ? I'm not sure about that either, both as slower than a snail. One's a big fairy and the other a pure spoiler. Neither can beat a player and neither attempts anything other than a short predictable pass.Yesterday neither hit one decent corner or free kick between them.
Wand of a left foot, more like a fairy wand

Mid table ? I'm not sure about that either, both as slower than a snail. One's a big fairy and the other a pure spoiler. Neither can beat a player and neither attempts anything other than a short predictable pass.Yesterday neither hit one decent corner or free kick between them.
Wand of a left foot, more like a fairy wand

Hourihane`s goals / assists per game ratio is very good, you can`t disregard that.

He has been decent for us - but if you want to go up a level he will disappear ( as proven ).

Joe Allen is a decent player, I thought it at lower premier league level - so this level he should be given he’s at his peak age

Been reading the comments, largely positive I may say. Wasn't there but it sounds like the weather was atrocious and it affected both the game and the atmosphere. I do note though that media reports are generally saying it was an entertaining game.

Looking through the Stoke team sheet then it's impressive, a load of players with long PL experience together with some useful recent signings like Woods. Not sure about the manager though. Whatever, they're probably back to near their best.

Every game we don't win is two or three points lost, in terms of where we hope to get to. But we aren't going to win every game. I don't think this draw is one of those who should be worrying about. The positive is that despite their experience Stoke couldn't hang on to their leads.

I noticed it in the last home game and noticed it yesterday too, a lot of empty seats in R1 lower north which is always full and a lot of stewards/police on the steps between R1 and 2, anyone know why? Have people had their season tickets taken off them? Have they been moved?

become dangerous the way the fans were surging forward, have actually been shown the footage and the new trend was everyone pushing over each other, think it was becoming a big concern injury wise.

What did annoy me greatly yesterday were the fans that started leaving when Stoke went 2-1 up. I know it happens but for some reason yesterday it made me really cross.

Hourihane`s goals / assists per game ratio is very good, you can`t disregard that.

He has been decent for us - but if you want to go up a level he will disappear ( as proven ).

Sorry but I can mate, it's all stats, he hogs all the corners and freekicks bound to get some right.

How many killer balls has he put through open play?

Stats don't tell you how many feeble half cocked challenges or no challenge at all have lead to goals against us, do they?

What's an assist, just a Sky invention! Grealish got one against the Albion for giving the ball the El Ghazi who hit a worldy from 25 yards WTF is that about.

He's scored 2 freekicks this season one at Blackburn was a point save and was the best thing he's done all season I can't fault that.

I think I dislike him as much as I did NRC, who was another con artist, He had stats that "proved" he was the best passer in the prem at one point, when in fact his second touch was a tackle!

Rant Over

become dangerous the way the fans were surging forward, have actually been shown the footage and the new trend was everyone pushing over each other, think it was becoming a big concern injury wise.

Rail seating would solve this straight away yet the government thinks seating is safer ??‍♂️ hopefully the review will eventually allow it.

Rail seating would solve this straight away yet the government thinks seating is safer ??‍♂️ hopefully the review will eventually allow it.
I was in there for the wolves 4-1 last year, came home with my legs black and blue, absolute pandemonium after our goals . Great fun.