Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

I think the front 3 will play narrower , much like the Liverpool 3 do. I don't see Ollie necessarily having to play wider. Even on Saturday with just 2 up front he drifted out towards the inside left slot quite a bit anyway so it's his natural inclination.
Yep that's how I see it none of the Liverpool 3 play wide , that job is done by TAA and Robertson.
If we don't do that Ings will never play as the sun shines out of Ollies arse

Can’t see us sticking to 3-5-2throughout games. That would be a waste of our expensively acquired wide players. Perhaps start games with that system then bring on two from Traore, AEG and Bailey later in the game.

We can always do 3-4-3 as well, Napoli used to play that way with 3 forwards playing narrow and the WBs givein the width. I personally would prefer we stick with 4-3-3 as Ramsey/Sanson will give us more drive in MF IMO. And our back 5 is strong enough to not need an extra man against most teams. IMO we only played 3 at the back to (a) match chelsea man for man and (b) bert & bailey are still a little off fitness.

I also think we'll predominately play 4-3-3 because thats always been Deans prefer formation. I also can't see us playing Axel over our own players on a regular basis.

How I see it. I think Ollie will play up top as usual.
When we have the ball ings will play up top alongside.
When we don't have the ball ings will drop deeper into more of a number 10 ish role.
That's how I see it going anyway.

How I see it. I think Ollie will play up top as usual.
When we have the ball ings will play up top alongside.
When we don't have the ball ings will drop deeper into more of a number 10 ish role.
That's how I see it going anyway.

My biggest concern, especially with him doing two roles (kinda), and I could be completely wrong here...Is how fit is Danny Ings? Does he have decent running numbers? Every time I've watched him play, he's ended up chasing the channels and has looked absolutely knackered.

My biggest concern, especially with him doing two roles (kinda), and I could be completely wrong here...Is how fit is Danny Ings? Does he have decent running numbers? Every time I've watched him play, he's ended up chasing the channels and has looked absolutely knackered.
No idea. But if that is the plan (god knows to be honest) he is a professional athlete and has no excuse with the coaches and facilities Not to be superhuman fit.

First impressions of Danny boy, out and out centre forward, stick in the box and he's as good as any to net. Ollie is a must,for me, full of energy and a regular sorer.

No idea. But if that is the plan (god knows to be honest) he is a professional athlete and has no excuse with the coaches and facilities Not to be superhuman fit.

Agree with that, its the minimum you'd hope for!

Just worrying that a striker who has scored the most goals in the Premier league over the last few seasons outside of Kane and Salah is dropping deep, in the no.10 or chasing channels - we need to supply him, hopefully we can!

First impressions of Danny boy, out and out centre forward, stick in the box and he's as good as any to net. Ollie is a must,for me, full of energy and a regular sorer.

Agreed.
Both upfront is lethal, if they can work together....Ollie is unselfish enough to supply Ings too....just the other 8 players we need suss.