Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

As I've said several times to the point of having the piss taken out of me, where does Buendia fit in. A front 3 of Ings Bailey and Watkins looks pretty obvious, we know Dean has SJM and Luiz as his first choice, so that leaves one spot for Buendia to complete with Ramsey Sanson and Chucklemaker. I don't see him as an automatic pick. Hope Dean can fit him in because he's and expensive bench polisher if not

Buendia was bought to help Grealish silly. Everyone knows that because Deano said so.

Oh.

Is this a flat 4 - 3 - 3?

I can never settle on whether we need natural width with actual wingers, or the CM drops deep to cover and we just use the full backs.

I'm starting to think DS didn't really think about his signings...

It would make more sense if the players he bought all weren't £30m players expecting to start each week.
The same flat three in midfield that I thought was excellent against Chelski. The front three can kind of do their own thing, Bailey playing off the wing, Ings wandering into the middle and linking up play with midfield and Ollie leading the line.

Deano's system at Brentford was all about the full backs providing the width, but until now we've only had traditional wingers at the club to play in that front three. Now we've got more flexibility up there I expect to see the wide forwards playing narrower and more direct to goal.

Buendia can play out wide, as a no.10 and, I think, also as an attacking no.8 as part of a flat three but we'll find out. That midfield three did so well against Chelsea that I think they have to all start. Buendia missed full training so can come in once we know what the game looks like a bit more.

Emi
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Duggie Ramsey SJM
Bailey Ollie Ings

Buendia in for Ramsey on 60mins or earlier if we're struggling to create.

This looks the part. With Buendia waiting to come in should help the starters concentrate. Mings must feel under pressure too of not making yet another howler.

The atmosphere for this game 2 seasons ago was electric. Even watching on tv, you could feel the atmosphere.

They have done well so far. Hopefully they will get complacent and we can stuff them.

The atmosphere for this game 2 seasons ago was electric. Even watching on tv, you could feel the atmosphere.

They have done well so far. Hopefully they will get complacent and we can stuff them.
Even from a neutral pub in Bristol the game got under people's skin. VP sounded amazing.

As I've said several times to the point of having the piss taken out of me, where does Buendia fit in. A front 3 of Ings Bailey and Watkins looks pretty obvious, we know Dean has SJM and Luiz as his first choice, so that leaves one spot for Buendia to complete with Ramsey Sanson and Chucklemaker. I don't see him as an automatic pick. Hope Dean can fit him in because he's and expensive bench polisher if not

But isnt that what we want? We want quality on our bench too.

Personally, I think Emi2 will become a more central player long-term for us. I believe Deano wants him to be an orchestrator in the middle with the wide areas to provide pace and directness. Emi2 is direct but he isnt pacey from what I see, his strength is vision and passing. I think you'd want a player like that playing as centrally as possible so he has more options.

Personally, I think Emi2 will become a more central player long-term for us. I believe Deano wants him to be an orchestrator in the middle with the wide areas to provide pace and directness. Emi2 is direct but he isnt pacey from what I see, his strength is vision and passing. I think you'd want a player like that playing as centrally as possible so he has more options.
If we want to compete at the top then it should be inevitable that we have a few expensive signings on our bench. The problem for the past two seasons is that our bench has been made up of championship-level players and youth team players who had very little impact. If a Buendia or Traore, or Bailey are unable to be regulars then that surely means the quality of the team has improved. Ings wasn't able to nail down a regular spot at the Dippers after he came back from injury, hence why he left and went to Southampton. We're not at the Dippers level (yet) but it would be nice to think that Ings is/will be fighting for a place...

He has one role as a 10 ,. He's too slow for a winger and all his good stuff happens as a 10 in and around the D. Like the goal he got against Brentford

Dean has a real problem here trying to fit him in . I'm not doubting his talent just where does he fit in.

I find it very hard to believe that Dean would have brought Buendia in without meticulously planning where he will play and how to integrate him into his system :whist:

Smith has said over and over that Ollie and Ings are centre forwards and won't be put our wide, so why are people still suggesting a front 3 of Bailey, Ings, Ollie?

We will either go -

5-3-2 - No Bailey. Buendia in the middle.
4-4-2 - Bailey and Buendia as wingers
4-2-3-1.- One of Ollie or Ings misses out

I think the front 3 will play narrower , much like the Liverpool 3 do. I don't see Ollie necessarily having to play wider. Even on Saturday with just 2 up front he drifted out towards the inside left slot quite a bit anyway so it's his natural inclination.

Smith has said over and over that Ollie and Ings are centre forwards and won't be put our wide, so why are people still suggesting a front 3 of Bailey, Ings, Ollie?

We will either go -

5-3-2 - No Bailey. Buendia in the middle.
4-4-2 - Bailey and Buendia as wingers
4-2-3-1.- One of Ollie or Ings misses out
Morley Withe and Shaw?

Can’t see us sticking to 3-5-2throughout games. That would be a waste of our expensively acquired wide players. Perhaps start games with that system then bring on two from Traore, AEG and Bailey later in the game.