Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

Bit pissed off with the tickets on sale for the this one. Junior 1 joined the claret membership in good time for this. We both kept checking for sale details then the day they went on sale checked in the morning nothing, checked later in the day they went on sale and all Holte sold out. He‘s not up for going in a separate stand to me again so has a shift at work now.

Not sure if we have missed something but I don’t think we did . I asked him if there was a notification box option on his account and there isn’t . If we haven’t missed something then sorry thats piss poor that there isn’t some sort notification of when they will go on sale and it’s just a case of checking constantly like we did.

Bit pissed off with the tickets on sale for the this one. Junior 1 joined the claret membership in good time for this. We both kept checking for sale details then the day they went on sale checked in the morning nothing, checked later in the day they went on sale and all Holte sold out. He‘s not up for going in a separate stand to me again so has a shift at work now.

Not sure if we have missed something but I don’t think we did . I asked him if there was a notification box option on his account and there isn’t . If we haven’t missed something then sorry thats piss poor that there isn’t some sort notification of when they will go on sale and it’s just a case of checking constantly like we did.

I did have an e-mail telling me I was now eligible to buy tickets as a season ticket holder the other day.

I think Smith has confused himself with all the signings to be honest. There's no way you can fit all of our best players into any formation.

I don't think you'll ever see Bailey, Watkins, Ings and Buendia on the pitch at the same time unless we're chasing a game.

Might be for another thread but I am beginning to think putting our creative eggs in the erratic winger basket is worrying. Smith loves his wingers.

El ghazi, Bert , Trez all so erratic , no consistency. Capable but nowhere near showing it game in game out and probably never will either .
Worries me that Bailey will be the same. And even if he isn’t then it’s all on one player again.

Might be for another thread but I am beginning to think putting our creative eggs in the erratic winger basket is worrying. Smith loves his wingers.

El ghazi, Bert , Trez all so erratic , no consistency. Capable but nowhere near showing it game in game out and probably never will either .
Worries me that Bailey will be the same. And even if he isn’t then it’s all on one player again.

See how they do this season. Traore had injuries last season and was settling in, but still made things difficult for the opposition.. You can't beat El Ghazi for consistent penalties :grinning: and it seems to me has added more to his game; he's getting some wicked crosses in. Bailey we obviously can't yet tell but it's obvious he has speed, skill and confidence.

All three bring an edge to our attack which I think we can't ignore; it was missing against Chelsea which is why our chances were limited. I hope DS does revert to a couple of wingers against Everton.

Not really you've got Emi2 there as well. I think between Bailey, Buendia and Bert only 2 of the 3 will ever start. Bailey from what I gathered was extremely consistent in the Bundesliga. From what I've heard he also isnt viewed as a flash in the pan lad either.

Totally agree with AEG, Bert and Trez. I dont think AEG or Trez should be at VP next season.

I see your point, but I also think that with Bailey, Buendia and to a certain degree, Traore, he is bringing in players with more of a tendency to come inside and be part of a front three, similar to the way Salah and Mane do at the Dippers.
The other point is that, the vast majority of wingers are erratic by nature. Sometimes they are great and other times invisible, but can explode into life. Even some of best wingers down the years like Morley, Daley, Walters had times where they looked like passengers. I remember when Daley scored that wonder goal against Luton many years ago, he'd been getting pelters prior for doing nothing.
I think the key with a winger is to find those that can balance the role to be an able partner with their full-back but also an attacking threat on their own when the full-back is unable to push on. In the championship the best we had was Snodgrass.

I didn’t get that either. Mmm. I used to come to think of it. I’ll go back into my profile and check

I had a notification on my phone from AVFC that Everton tickets were now on sale . I know that I would not have set that up myself as I have no need to. I think it's via my google calendar? It sends me times of KO for all Villa games u23 and youth now I vaguely remember setting that up. Sync the app with google calendar.
I don't really need it but it happens

I didn’t get that either. Mmm. I used to come to think of it. I’ll go back into my profile and check

When I do buy tickets I get two tick boxes come up , one asking if I want notifications from AVFC and the other if I want notifications re sponsors products etc .

Emi
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Duggie Ramsey SJM
Bailey Ollie Ings

Buendia in for Ramsey on 60mins or earlier if we're struggling to create.

Emi
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Duggie Ramsey SJM
Bailey Ollie Ings

Buendia in for Ramsey on 60mins or earlier if we're struggling to create.
Is this a flat 4 - 3 - 3?

I can never settle on whether we need natural width with actual wingers, or the CM drops deep to cover and we just use the full backs.

I'm starting to think DS didn't really think about his signings...

It would make more sense if the players he bought all weren't £30m players expecting to start each week.

Competition for places is what we need though. Regardless of how much Buendia cost it isn't healthy if he comes back after missing a game just because we have no one else as was the case at times last season.

He has now got to knuckle down and prove it , as will one or two others.

Last edited:
When I do buy tickets I get two tick boxes come up , one asking if I want notifications from AVFC and the other if I want notifications re sponsors products etc .

Yep. Not massively obvious in the profile page but checked and all mine were off. Maybe when it changed over to this digital thing I (as I normally do) say I don't want endless emails etc promoting stuff I don't want from villa or others and hadn't realised there was separate boxes for villa stuff and 3rd party stuff.

Junior must have done the same. Although I would of thought it was a given that a Claret member would want to know when tickets are on sale and would get a notification anyway.

Competition for places is what we need though. Regardless of how much Buendia cost it isn't healthy if he comes back after missing a game just because we have no one else as was the case at times last season.

He has now got to knuckle down and prove it , as will o0ne or two others.
As I've said several times to the point of having the piss taken out of me, where does Buendia fit in. A front 3 of Ings Bailey and Watkins looks pretty obvious, we know Dean has SJM and Luiz as his first choice, so that leaves one spot for Buendia to complete with Ramsey Sanson and Chucklemaker. I don't see him as an automatic pick. Hope Dean can fit him in because he's and expensive bench polisher if not