Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 30 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

Personally I don't think it's a coincidence our two best performances have been since Ollie's been back. Even when he's not scoring he's giving defenders massive headaches and making it easier for everyone else.

I thought Ollie had a poor game unfortunately, he struggled to get into the game and lost the ball a couple of times. With Bailey and Buendia now back in contention and Ings starting well someone is going to have to miss out. No matter what Dean says I think we do have an issue of accommodating them all. I thought we lacked creativity without the wide creators, and we improved dramatically when Bailey came on to fill that void

I thought Ollie had a poor game unfortunately, he struggled to get into the game and lost the ball a couple of times. With Bailey and Buendia now back in contention and Ings starting well someone is going to have to miss out. No matter what Dean says I think we do have an issue of accommodating them all. I thought we lacked creativity without the wide creators, and we improved dramatically when Bailey came on to fill that void
Yes, he gave the ball away for the Demari Gray chance. His first touch is suspect for me.
I get that he chases and runs a hell of a lot but he has to up his game, safe whilst his dad is manager though

Agree and sadly it will end up being Ings who misses out. Ollie is Smith's favourite even the players call him Ollie's dad. In fairness Watkins suits the way Smith wants to play much better than Ings. It's just a bit annoying the way we sign goal scorers and never see the best of them.

Just wondering why Cash decided to run away from the holte end on his first premier League villa goal? Maybe to celebrate with EMI... Which he did...
But imagine being Bailey. Scoring that goal and standing there with the holte end going crazy. He can't have felt anything like that before surely?
I've just read a post saying Bailey not lightening quick? Huh? Huh? Huh? From what I saw from Doug Ellis stand he defines lightening quick.

Just wondering why Cash decided to run away from the holte end on his first premier League villa goal? Maybe to celebrate with EMI... Which he did...
But imagine being Bailey. Scoring that goal and standing there with the holte end going crazy. He can't have felt anything like that before surely?
I've just read a post saying Bailey not lightening quick? Huh? Huh? Huh? From what I saw from Doug Ellis stand he defines lightening quick.

His family were at the other end of the stadium

He's quick but not lightning quick but it's the speed of thought that murdered Everton's defender who completely overestimated how much time he had to cover Bailey - Bailey's decision to head to ball in front of himself rather than trying to control it is what did for the defender who only met him as Bailey pulled the trigger.

Nakamba is epicly underrated - he is a consumate DM, unlike Luiz, his reading of the game before it happens and his mobility is tremendous. He doesn't have any of the flashy attributes of Luiz but I'd be absolutely gutted if he left us, I can't say the same about Luiz. He may find a team better suited to his out-and-out DM abilities of course.

It has to be Young at LB with Bailey ahead of him - I never rated Targett and still don't, I'm amazed he's playing PL football if I'm being brutally honest.

I noticed that too, for some reason they didnt recognize the danger but that header took the defender out of the game.

I would have disagreed about Marv until yesterday. He has definitely improved with the ball and he wants the ball now too. For anyone who says he can't pass, he played a beautiful 30-40 yard pass around the 50 minute mark. I still think he needs to offer a little more going forward. I dont know if he's as useful in games where we have lots of possession.

Targett reminds me of Warnock a little, he's definitely much more graft than quality. He will suffer the most without Jack. One thing I've always disliked with Targett is I've never felt he was comfortable with the ball at his feet in our own half and certainly not comfortable trying to play out under pressure. Youngs short passing is so crisp and he seems quicker than Targett even at 36.

Marvellous was excellent when he came on, I thought all the midfield 3 stepped up after Mcginn went off. Definitely no shortage of graft in there. His passing was crisp and he looked far better on the ball than normal.

Targett definitely isn't a wing back, he's just not quick enough. Another reason to ditch it in my opinion.

Evening guys, just returned from holiday. Managed to avoid the result and just watched the game. Thought I would post my views before reading the thread:

1. We looked uncomfortable and disjointed before the first goal went in

2. We must have lost heart as suddenly we really upped our game after the 1st goal.

3. Target poor - surely Ashley Young should have been on at half time.

4. When McGinn came off, why not put Buendia on? Surely we needed some creativity at that point.

5. Louis was crap again.

6. Should have replaced McGinn with Buendia and Louiz with Nakamba.

7. Watkins and Ings not working as a front two.

8. 2 quality wingers sat on the bench - Dean you have to change the set up to accommodate Traore and Bailey.

9. Smith too late in changing things again

10. Over the friggin moon with the final result.

Now I can read through everybody's comments and see what they thought.

UtV

I have a feeling this 3 at the back may become a regular thing for a couple of reasons. The first is why would Axel swop a Man U bench for our bench unless he has been given an idea he will play on a regular basis? It also allows Ings and Watkins to play together.

I also realise it leaves a problem re Wingers. Maybe against the "weaker sides" we may try a 343? Hmmm.

5. Louis was crap again.

6. Should have replaced McGinn with Buendia and Louiz with Nakamba.

7. Watkins and Ings not working as a front two.

8. 2 quality wingers sat on the bench - Dean you have to change the set up to accommodate Traore and Bailey.

I missed the first half but IMO I thought it was Luis that was driving us forward at times.

I think its also fair to say that both wide players aren't fit yet and its somewhat rare two strikers click immediately.