Aston Villa Vs Cardiff City 10th April KO 19:45 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Vs Cardiff City 10th April KO 19:45

I did warn everyone about the ref. We had the idiot in the home game v Bolton and he let thug Wheater kick everything that moved without taking any action.

The Kodjia booking was farcical. I have never seen anyone booked for allowing himself to be wrestled to the floor before.

Cardiff spoil the game from the first whistle. They take ages to take throw in's goal kicks etc. Then any semblance of a break or flowing move they soon nip that in the bud with a cynical foul ot two. It is very difficult to have a rhythm to the game but what we did was match them for effort , physicality and aggression and particularly when Kodjia came on I thought we looked more likely to score.
Yes Cardiff had their chances but they came from set plays or a mistake as was the case when they hit the post but overall we deserved the victory.

Yes, definitely. They were a threat from set pieces only as they will be whoever they play. Cannot recall them 'carving' us apart at all creating chances. I must have been watching another game because I thought we were pretty decent second half and don't really get the general feeling of negativity that there seems to be about our performance. I am not saying it was free flowing, far from it, but there was only one team trying to play football. For every Cardiff chance, you had Grabban first half, Adomah first half from a corner, Kodjia second half, Hourihane second half. They were all very decent chances. Above all though we stuck it out very well in terms of dealing with the physicality. Especially Grealish who as usual was getting kicked from pillar to post. He really has matured.

We seem to be able to cope better playing against the more 'agricultural' teams than we do against the teams that pass and move quickly e.g Brentford away and more recently Norwich. We need to get this sorted and quickly for the play offs.

They used to say the best refs tend to go unnoticed in games and that is true.

Unlike the refs, we have to endure these days who are nothing more than incompetent attention seekers and that jerk last night is right up there with the very worst of them.

Lol yes, did you see Mike Dean awarding that second penalty in the Cardiff/Wolves match? He practically dived on the penalty spot, it was hilarious :lol:

Yes, definitely. They were a threat from set pieces only as they will be whoever they play. Cannot recall them 'carving' us apart at all creating chances. I must have been watching another game because I thought we were pretty decent second half and don't really get the general feeling of negativity that there seems to be about our performance. I am not saying it was free flowing, far from it, but there was only one team trying to play football. For every Cardiff chance, you had Grabban first half, Adomah first half from a corner, Kodjia second half, Hourihane second half. They were all very decent chances. Above all though we stuck it out very well in terms of dealing with the physicality. Especially Grealish who as usual was getting kicked from pillar to post. He really has matured.

We seem to be able to cope better playing against the more 'agricultural' teams than we do against the teams that pass and move quickly e.g Brentford away and more recently Norwich. We need to get this sorted and quickly for the play offs.

Yes I read through the posts while the match was on and thought some of them were pretty unfair.

I thought that we were well worth the win and it was sweet that Jack scored it after the treatment that he had from their clogggers, the derision that he had from Wanknock and the abuse that he had from their inbred followers.
It was a close thing on a few occasions but we weathered the storm well.
It was great to see William celebrating with Big John - our future king really does ooze class. And he didn't just turn up for the match was he was at BMH for most of the day meeting and chatting with the back room staff.

Aston Villa - by Royal Appointment. It has a certain rings to it, I think!!

So hope springs eternal:wahey: I'm keeping quiet though. Got a feeling we are going to meet one of Millwall and Derby 3 times this season Cardiff once or twice more in the play offs. Let's just hope that the need to match opponents for aggression and attitude has registered. Starting on Friday, tThere can be no more "no shows" whoever the opposition.

Grabben should have scored after 3 minutes.
They hit the post from tenz giving the ball away and Johnstone saves twice from whelan, they get away with killing the game and fouling, they are bang average but all that ranting on the touchline and after match comments intimidates the officials just like ferguson did with much better players.

A great win but frustrating to see that if we'd bothered turning up against hull or Bolton or Norwich we'd be second. We can't afford anymore poor performances now though.

How Cardiff are where they are I don't know. There is zero quality in that team. All they are is a bunch of thugs who close you down quickly. We let them get to us in the 1st half but 2nd we stood up to them more and I thought we dominated.

Pretty much everyone worked hard. I was very annoyed with Adomah as I thought he didn't look bothered to be honest, was glad when he was hauled off. Both him and Snodgrass look like they've run out of steam but at least Snoddy battles for everything, Andre Green needs to be on the bench at least against Leeds. Motm was Johnstone, several superb saves but Chester and Jedinak were excellent as well. Bree did very well to after looking nervous at first. Whelan worked hard but was completely useless. Nearly scored 2 own goals and gassed out after half an hour as normal. Didn't make a tackle, not for lack of effort but he just couldn't keep up with the pace of the game. Too weak, too slow, too tired and too old. It was great to see Kodjia looking his old self, by the time the play offs roll round he will be fully firing.

It was an absolute pleasure to see Warnock fuming on the touchline. The man is a total prick and his team is a disgrace. Fouling, diving, time wasting, feigning injury, surrounding the ref and berating the 4 official at every decision they really are a complete bunch of arseholes. Jacks goal was pretty much the only moment of quality in what was a real battle. It really was one of the best I've seen at villa park. Definitely goal of the season.

Anything Grealish can do, Neves can do better.
Oh my god what a goal at the Mol. tonight, anybody who's not witnessed this goal please do.
2pts needed against small heath on sunday, & the party will go long into the night in Wolves.???.

It was a bit lucky by Neves

Poor touch meant that the ball was in the air and all he could do was hit and hope really. Luckily for him it went right into the top corner.

It was a bit lucky by Neves

Poor touch meant that the ball was in the air and all he could do was hit and hope really. Luckily for him it went right into the top corner.
Lol..... Talksport are waxing lyrycal about it saying if that was Ronaldo or Messi it would be classed as one of the greatest goals they'd scored.
Ruben doesn't score poor goals, his value has doubled since his come to us.
?????????????