Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers Friday Night 2nd Nov | Page 20 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers Friday Night 2nd Nov

Yes the Wolves tribute turning lights off was effective but I would suggest it would be contravening health & Safety, but it was done
Really well. Really good to see the appreciation of servicemen also
For the Liecester owner

Hourihane is an old inside left , or the left side of of a midfield three.
Eg the Colin Harvey of Kendall Ball and Harvey.....,,,,only not so good.

To much football I think our gates are marvellous considering sky

Don’t know where that arived from. Part of a previous post.
Oops sorry once is enough

but I would suggest it would be contravening health & Safety

Really?

All the lights were on in the stands and the concourse areas, so unless the players or officials on the pitch were concerned for their "health and safety" then I'm sure it was all good.

And it's likely that Wolves checked ou their obligations before deciding to turn off the floodlights. For one minute.[/QUOTE]

Hourihane has contributed some very important goals during his time here. But we need an upgrade in January. BB is better suited to that position. Felt sorry for Hogan coming on and making several runs into space and Hourihane playing side passes. If Smith works with JG with getting in the box, we will see JG turning into a much more dangerous player. Bree scored 2 goals in the U23`s sunday and has to replace Hutton .........

And half of the workforce in the west midlands have other committments 57, like family.
I also doubt your assumption about the number of people finishing early on a friday, office workers maybe but, tradesmen and shopworkers I doubt very much.
Also a lot of people can't afford to go for every home game, retiree's on the state pension for starters, add to that people who are in minimum wage jobs, or are unemployed.
There are lots of reasons people decided not to go and yes, one of them probably was, that it was a cold night and the game was on the box.

Missing the point 58 they'd be there if we were playing the Blues on a Friday. People on minimum wage jobs can't afford to live let alone go to games, I'm talking season ticket holders, not casual fans, Casual fans won't go to Bolton at home ever,
Totally the opposite in the automotive industry mate we have to work Friday afternoon whilst the shop floor have half a day. Suppliers have followed suit many many years again, It was well over 40 years ago the working week for the confed companies dropped to 39 hours and most now do 37 hence finishing early Fridays.
All I know is that there is more traffic on Friday afternoons than any other night and anyone who tells me different doesn't get out much. So a lot more people finish earlier on a Friday then they do on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hourihane is an old inside left , or the left side of of a midfield three.
Eg the Colin Harvey of Kendall Ball and Harvey.....,,,,only not so good.

To much football I think our gates are marvellous considering sky

Yes he's right up there with Alex Cropley , well when Alex was on crutches perhaps ,

Hourihane often seems to get touted as having the best range of passing of all of our midfielders (I don’t recall what articles exactly sorry, but I’ve come across it a few times). I don’t see it! I don’t think he’s awful but I don’t think he will survive long term in a smith team, gives it away too much. He’s definitely best on the left side I agree. Was disappointed with his shooting as that’s usually a positive for him. Hopefully barney will come back in. Longer term I could see them both being replaced or down the pecking order to new players coming in.

Don't suppose anyone wants to volunteer to regularly do player ratings for matches to be front paged?

Don't suppose anyone wants to volunteer to regularly do player ratings for matches to be front paged?

Very happy to Fear - though I don't go away so can only do home fixtures.

Bolton Game Ratings:

Nyland: 5 - Good shot stopper (but what keeper isn't?) but just awful on crosses. No command of the area at all which will just lead to more uncertainty in the defence.
Hutton: 6 - some good defensive moments. Offered nothing going forward due to usual sub-standard distribution.
Taylor: 6 - same as Hutton.
Chester: 8 - Excellent at the back and a threat from set pieces. Clearance off the line was as good as a goal.
Tuanzebe: 7 - Another improved performance.
Hourihane: 7 - Divides opinion, but for me it was another hardworking performance from an undervalued player.
McGinn: 8 - Absolutely tireless, solid in the tackle, always looking to make something happen. MOTM.
Grealish: 8 - Looked the influential player he should consistently be in this division.
Adomah: 6 - couple of moments but mainly anonymous.
Kodjia: 5 - Like Adomah, but no moments.
Abraham: 7 - worked hard, great pass for the first goal, should have scored one himself.

SUBS

Whelan: 6 - fine.
Hogan: 6 - tried, looked lively and made some lovely runs only to be constantly ignored.
Bolasie: 7 - looked well up for it. One of those players who can bring a smile to a fan's face - got to be worth a start soon?

Smith: 7 - team looks to be improving. We played better at QPR and lost but we were still firmly in control of this match for all but a 20 minute spell in the first. half.