Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic, Sat 11th August - Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic, Sat 11th August - Match Thread

Have they opened the top tier of the trinity this season? We need to end the nonsense of having it closed.

Really looking forward to this one. There's few occasions I look forward to more than the 1st home game of a new season.

Yes, first home game, new owners, Grealish staying - would expect a lot more. Although Upper Trin not open so that knocks the figure down a bit I suppose (and Wigan won't bring too many.

Well I've just gone online to look at the seating map and it's only showing around 1,000 tickets available in the home end.

So with that in mind and the poor away attendance (it is Wigan) I'd be expecting 33-34k

Last time we played Wigan at home in the Championship, we beat them 1-0 with the goal scored by............................. Jack Grealish!

It's written int he stars!!!

Obviously the result will depend on the team and formation put out and how they respond.
I think England will beat India by two wickets.

HAHAHA Bruce in the press conference!

Accidentally revealed that Jed Steer has gone on loan to Charlton....

James Nursey said something and Bruce was like, "Well there you go James, an exclusive for you, your first ever real one, not the made up tittle tattle you usually write!"

:clap:

We need to be careful of making too many changes at once , that could backfire .
Keeper debuts always give me the jitters

34,459 attendance for tomorrow, I'm usually pretty close, not blowing my trumpet or anything.

Sounds like Brucie wasn't happy with the performance on Monday despite the win, so wouldn't surprise me if he made some changes.

I think Nyland, Tuanzebe, Green and McGinn will all start.

Steer, Elphick, Taylor and Whelan making way.

When it came to most things Tony Xia didn't have a clue what was going on yet alone football tactics.

However, these new guys are very impressive in almost everything they do and I would imagine while results are the most important thing they probably would like to achieve that with better energy and forward play from the team.

Brucie is no fool so I'm hoping he allows the players a bit more freedom going forward because I would imagine he is now more aware than ever during his time at Villa Park, that his job depends on getting us playing well and hopefully a bit more entertaining.

It's over to you now Steve and the coaching staff - Good luck.(y)

There is no second guessing Mr Bruce but, apart from the goalkeeping spot, this game is probably the wrong one to introduce too many changes.
As Melon said, I'd expect the game against Yeovil to be the one for introductions for McGinn and Tuanzebe and possibly Moreira. It would be nice to get some of our kids involved too.