Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic, Sat 11th August - Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic, Sat 11th August - Match Thread

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Tuanzebe come in for Elphick as i just don't think Bruce rates Elphick at all.

Think it's probably too soon for McGinn, and it would be harsh on Steer given his performance on Monday.

So I'm going same XI bar Tuanzebe for Elphick.

He may also consider dropping Taylor due to being shit. In which case I guess Green comes in, Hutton switches over and Elmo drops back.

Yes, shame about Taylor really, he really did look weak again on Monday. Would so love him to click and come good, but ...

Yes, shame about Taylor really, he really did look weak again on Monday. Would so love him to click and come good, but ...

Not been the same since the Seamus Coleman incident has he? Shame. I thought he looked solid enough when he first arrived. Committed, but limited.

Well, I think Bruce will likely start the exact same 11 as Monday, but I for one hope he decides to bring Green in start, drop Taylor and move Huts/Elmo to where they finished last match, drop Whelan for Barney (yes I know Whelan does a job on defense but we're at home against a team we should really be beating) for a bit of extra pace and attacking intent.

Could be a banana skin; Wigan have started well. But only if we let them. We have to go out determined to get an emphatic win. Not a carefully crafted draw, or worse.

McGinn has to play - he has been eating raw meat since he arrived in B6 and will be busting a gut to get at 'em.

3-0 to the Villa - Kodija, Grealish and McGinn

Right then Lads when Jack scores the 5th to make it safe on Saturday, I'm running on the pitch, and you know what I don't care as I'm just gonna pay the fine!

5 matches in the rest of this month - crowded. Bruce can't afford to play the same time every match. Even though he has a habit of doing that.

For a start I'd play Barney at home and Whelan away. No sense in a worn-out Whelan by the third match.

Think I'd have the new signings at the match to absorb the atmosphere, but not in the team. Would also send the message they have to work to be included. Exception might be a GK if Bunn is off, as he might be; had no word of a new contract. Also Tuanzebe.

De Laet is suspended. I'd be tempted to play Bree instead of Elmo but can't see it happening. Otherwise, maybe team as was. Tuanzebe on the bench, or maybe try him instead of Taylor.

Elmo scored and got given the Sky MOTM on Monday. No way will he be dropped by Brucie.

I'm predicting 3-5-2.
Nyland
Hutton Chester Twanzebe
Elmo McGinn Bjanasson Hourihane Green
Grealish
Kodjia

Steer/Nyland

Elmo tuanzabe Chester Hutton
Thor
Green mcginn grealish Adomah
Kodjia

Steer/Nyland, Elphick, Clark, whelan, hourihane, JDH, RHM

If McGinn and hourihane are swapped round I wouldn't be too bothered. Really think we need to start green and Thor at home. I never want to see Taylor anywhere near a villa squad again.

I hope Bruce changes things with a tinker here and there.

On the Sky commentary against Hull they said Bruce had said that his regret from last season was not freshening things up more frequently. I hope he is good to his word. Although this is Steve Bruce and I do find what he says and does are different. Like he keeps say about moving the ball quicker etc but game after game we don't.

Anyway.

Taylor dropped.
Hutton left back .
Bree right back
Elmo right mid
Albert dropoed
Green left mid.

Axel for Elphick.

Has to find a place for JM. That would mean dropping Hourihane . As we need Whelan in there. But I just cannot see that one happening. Think JM will make his villa bow against Yeovil on Tuesday.