Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm | Page 25 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm

touchy mate not aimed at anyone just pisses me off that on here every one is moaning but the atmosphere at the game was not like that and if you weren't there you wouldn't get it.
We all equal on here , just don't get all the moaning from those not even there
When the goal went in half the holte end left. It was busier outside than it usually is after the game so it seemed to me like most were pissed off
Yes we played well at times but a key part of playing well is not making errors and not constantly letting goals in

It may have escaped your attention that today's attendance was almost 42,000. I.E. capacity.

I, for one, would love to be able to obtain tickets for decent seats.

Perhaps you may wish to engage your brain when making such stupid comments in the future.
Losing like that is hard to accept whether at the match or sky. In fact some of the pie and chips before half time merchants had probably gone home by then.

I thought it was clear and obvious that he didn't touch the ball but touched the player.
Obvious penalty that VAR would always overturn. Smith is stupid if he thinks the ref going to the side of the pitch would have made any difference.Excuses excuses again.

Yes winning in the PL isn’t easy but when your opposition has an off day and your in a position to take points you’ve got to take it. Too many times this season we’ve thrown away chances to win or get a draw, eventually it’s not luck it’s just poor. No excuses for that mistake today a premier league defender has to be switched on for 90 minutes our inability to do that in so many games is what will cost us
In four decades of watching football I have never seen a top flight defender never make a mistake. It happens, the fact that we paid the ultimate price for that is upsetting.

Don't know, we deserved something today. It has been that kind of season. It may not change, and then we will go down. It would not be the end of the world.

I didn’t think it was a penalty. Neither did the ref, linesman and players or crowd. Only thing the referee favoured us with. Spineless tosser never gave any yellow cards against the 10/12 fouls on Grealish. Once again targeted and tag teamed by opposition players.

My initial reaction from the holte end was that it was a close one and we got away with it when the ref gave the goal kick. As soon as it went to VAR I knew it was going to be given as it just looked like he hit the player slightly before the ball.

Probably one pre-VAR you get away with because the ref can’t tell if it was ball or man first, but with VAR they will hyper scrutinise it to show the player hit the man a tenth of second earlier. Can’t complain about it too much other than the general ridiculousness that is VAR itself rather than the specific decision

As for not booking their players, seems to be a thing refs don’t tend to give obvious bookings. For me the rules should be applied and deliberate fouls or persistent fouls get yellow cards but I guess they get instructions to not referee in line with the rules

I’m sorry lads but blaming Smith for that loss is confirmation bias.

Decision making and atrocious concentration cost us the game.

If we can go at other teams like we did today and get at the we might actually have a chance.

There is only a small number of things Smith can do to assist with cutting out the errors.

Smith has been at fault for a lot of things and a lot of recent games but not today.

With respect mate, starting Drinkwater for an hour ahead of Nakamba then taking Samatta off was bizarre, again, DS is plenty culpable for these losses in games we coulda/shoulda won on the day.

Around 14th with the money we spent. 7 wins from 26 with most goals and shots conceded in the whole league and worst away record is pitiful.

Don't know what the money spent has anything to do with it. We had to replace over half a squad. We weren't doing a City and bringing in superstars. There was no one we bought that would suggest we would finish mid-table.

Most would have been happy with 17th. For that to happen, this season would have been pretty shit, and things like today a regular occurrence. And that's exactly where we are.

The analysis on MOTD was spot on. Our tactics were suicidal and were the reason we got beat.
We let a very poor spuds team get 3 points at VP and that just isn’t good enough.
Out of our final 12 games 8 are very difficult, so for the first time this season we need to win a game that we are expected to lose as sure as hell the teams below us will manage to do so.
Jenas was was spot on for once. Our back three were too high and gave them as much room as they wanted. And drinkwater and Luis lacked the mobility to press so spurs ran between the lines or hit long balls beyond our two so called wing backs.

Don't know what the money spent has anything to do with it. We had to replace over half a squad. We weren't doing a City and bringing in superstars. There was no one we bought that would suggest we would finish mid-table.

Most would have been happy with 17th. For that to happen, this season would have been pretty shit, and things like today a regular occurrence. And that's exactly where we are.
Everything going to plan then.