Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm | Page 24 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm

It may have escaped your attention that today's attendance was almost 42,000. I.E. capacity.

I, for one, would love to be able to obtain tickets for decent seats.

Perhaps you may wish to engage your brain when making such stupid comments in the future.
touchy mate not aimed at anyone just pisses me off that on here every one is moaning but the atmosphere at the game was not like that and if you weren't there you wouldn't get it.
We all equal on here , just don't get all the moaning from those not even there

If today was acceptable then we are sleep walking to a plucky, didn't they play lovely stuff , pat on the head relegation .

Maybe it's just my competitive nature but I don't do plucky losing. Especially when we are mid feb in a relegation battle with Liverpool, Manure, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal, Wolves still to play

touchy mate not aimed at anyone just pisses me off that on here every one is moaning but the atmosphere at the game was not like that and if you weren't there you wouldn't get it.
We all equal on here , just don't get all the moaning from those not even there
We are all hurting tonight, I suggest we all draw a line and move on.
We are all needed for saints away , at the ground or on the sofa it matters not . We go again

If today was acceptable then we are sleep walking to a plucky, didn't they play lovely stuff , pat on the head relegation .

Maybe it's just my competitive nature but I don't do plucky losing. Especially when we are mid feb in a relegation battle with Liverpool, Manure, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal, Wolves still to play

Who's saying it was acceptable?

Who's saying it was acceptable?

Well according to some posts 42,000 at villa park seemed to be ok with the performance despite losing . I'm saying losing (especially in this manner) at this stage of the season is not acceptable however well we played. We cannot keep waiting for the points to come. We seem to have been saying all season that if we play like this, play like that we will get enough points.
Well we haven't got them have we?. And to me we dont look like getting enough. We will win before the end of the season. Win enough for 38-40 points? . It's not looking likely on our current trajectory in my humble.

Unbelievable bad luck today, never a penalty, fuck VAR, every bad bounce went for them. We should be encouraged by the performance, our luck will change.

But this is what I'm saying wurzel. Our luck will change?. Better hurry up. 12 games to go with 8 of the current top 10 still to play. Sorry, I think some have their head in the sand with today's performance v result.

narrative - hmmm ok
4 shots on target in the end

0 points

plucky losers / unlucky /was VAR that robbed us etc - preferred narrative ?

I never said any of that.

The narrative earlier in the thread was that Spurs 'let us' have all those chances. You don't need to pull out a few stats to try and make your fantastic argument resonate with me. Here I'll do it too, we had 54% possession and 12 corners. We clearly dominated.

So yes there is a narrative perpetuated in the thread that we were shit, spurs let us have game-ending chances and that it wasn't mistakes it was tactics that cost us the game.

Here's the truth both are true tactics could have been better and the mistake could have simply not happened. You're upset because we were so fucking close to points and you're sick of the same type of mistakes being made. If's, and's and but's about what the manager should have done or shouldn't have done. His tactics gave us a chance to win but we could have been blown away too if not for Reina.

Conceding by a late goal is the only reason this thread is on fire right now because the performance against Bournemouth and 60 odd minutes very Watford were a million times worse than that today. As well as so many other games this season.

I think everyone on here needs to stand back and think about why they're actually upset. It has nothing to do with 90 minutes of the game it is last 30 seconds plus the farcical performances against our fellow strugglers and games we threw away at both Spus and Arsenal.

We're relegation fodder, we don't have a good enough 11, we're as strong as our weakest link and there are plenty of them.

Well according to some posts 42,000 at villa park seemed to be ok with the performance despite losing . I'm saying losing (especially in this manner) at this stage of the season is not acceptable however well we played. We cannot keep waiting for the points to come. We seem to have been saying all season that if we play like this, play like that we will get enough points.
Well we haven't got them have we?. And to me we dont look like getting enough. We will win before the end of the season. Win enough for 38-40 points? . It's not looking likely on our current trajectory in my humble.

This I can get onboard with.

But this is what I'm saying wurzel. Our luck will change?. Better hurry up. 12 games to go with 8 of the current top 10 still to play. Sorry, I think some have their head in the sand with today's performance v result.
Head in the sand to do what exactly? I cant change what happens at the club, neither can you. What will be will be, I personally think we will be OK, but TBH if we went down at least we would only have to compete with shit refereeing, not shit refereeing and VAR.
I struggle with the modern game, have for years, and TBH if VAR isn't removed then I'm probably going to lose all interest in it, what with that and this Man City bullshit, whats the point? Fans are being played, there is no intention of allowing a level playing field, they want the likes of Villa, Wolves, Sheffield Utd as cannon fodder for the top 6, its bullshit. Anyway Ive gone off on a tangent, the lads did well today, its good they are still giving it a go, unlike when we went down last time, christ watched a Micah Richards interview where he was carping about his treatment at the club, millionaires having the fucking front to bitch when all they do is kick a bag of wind about, fuck em.

I never said any of that.

The narrative earlier in the thread was that Spurs 'let us' have all those chances. You don't need to pull out a few stats to try and make your fantastic argument resonate with me. Here I'll do it too, we had 54% possession and 12 corners. We clearly dominated.

So yes there is a narrative perpetuated in the thread that we were shit, spurs let us have game-ending chances and that it wasn't mistakes it was tactics that cost us the game.

Here's the truth both are true tactics could have been better and the mistake could have simply not happened. You're upset because we were so fucking close to points and you're sick of the same type of mistakes being made. If's, and's and but's about what the manager should have done or shouldn't have done. His tactics gave us a chance to win but we could have been blown away too if not for Reina.

Conceding by a late goal is the only reason this thread is on fire right now because the performance against Bournemouth and 60 odd minutes very Watford were a million times worse than that today. As well as so many other games this season.

I think everyone on here needs to stand back and think about why they're actually upset. It has nothing to do with 90 minutes of the game it is last 30 seconds plus the farcical performances against our fellow strugglers and games we threw away at both Spus and Arsenal.

We're relegation fodder, we don't have a good enough 11, we're as strong as our weakest link and there are plenty of them.
Bullshit. I'm upset with where we are after 26 games.
Too many days like today, mistakes, plucky losers, VAR, etc.
Enough of the excuses, we are poor .

Head in the sand to do what exactly? I cant change what happens at the club, neither can you. What will be will be, I personally think we will be OK, but TBH if we went down at least we would only have to compete with shit refereeing, not shit refereeing and VAR.
I struggle with the modern game, have for years, and TBH if VAR isn't removed then I'm probably going to lose all interest in it, what with that and this Man City bullshit, whats the point? Fans are being played, there is no intention of allowing a level playing field, they want the likes of Villa, Wolves, Sheffield Utd as cannon fodder for the top 6, its bullshit. Anyway Ive gone off on a tangent, the lads did well today, its good they are still giving it a go, unlike when we went down last time, christ watched a Micah Richards interview where he was carping about his treatment at the club, millionaires having the fucking front to bitch when all they do is kick a bag of wind about, fuck em.

I'm not intending to have a go at anyone with the head in the sand thing.
I guess a better way of putting is.....how much longer can we say our luck will change, our performances will bring points before it's too late?.

And yes, I too struggle with the modern game and this top club bullshit.
And sorry mate . VAR in the championship next season. I'll go before you combust !. Lol.
Night !!!!

The analysis on MOTD was spot on. Our tactics were suicidal and were the reason we got beat.
We let a very poor spuds team get 3 points at VP and that just isn’t good enough.
Out of our final 12 games 8 are very difficult, so for the first time this season we need to win a game that we are expected to lose as sure as hell the teams below us will manage to do so.

Nobody is under any illusion that performances will keep us up. We all know it's points that matter. We did play well today, that's just a fact. I'd rather we were playing well (at least every second game) than go through the hopelessness of the relegation season again where we were beaten before kick-off every week. It at the very least suggests we may have a chance. It's the only glimmer of hope I have.

I do agree the current pattern suggests it will be very hard, but the fact is at this stage we do have the points because we have more than 3 teams below us.

I have no idea what will happen to be honest and I'm not making any big calls just yet.

I'm not downplaying positives but I don't want to blur that line between minimum expectations and seeing it as a positive .
E.g. Battling and working hard ! That's a basic expectation isn't it !!
Spurs were there for the taking , we were at home, we got the lead via an own goal , BUT we fucked it up today . Again !!
I see no positives from today.
Yes winning in the PL isn’t easy but when your opposition has an off day and your in a position to take points you’ve got to take it. Too many times this season we’ve thrown away chances to win or get a draw, eventually it’s not luck it’s just poor. No excuses for that mistake today a premier league defender has to be switched on for 90 minutes our inability to do that in so many games is what will cost us