Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky | Page 34 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky

No, I'm not an optimist so I expect us to fail, but I'm not happy with the current form and if people are honest we are all gutted by this poor run. If we were playing good stuff and getting done I'd not be worried but the actual performances are just like last season before lockdown.

We've not been unlucky we've got what we deserved the last 10 or 12 games we have to finish the season on a high not reminiscing about the good start , we have to have the good finish and unless Jack can work his magic we don't look capable of turning it around

No it's hurting but I am hoping for a Derby type thing where Jack came back and it all of a sudden clicked.

He is that good.

No it's hurting but I am hoping for a Derby type thing where Jack came back and it all of a sudden clicked.

He is that good.
He's the best footballer I've ever seen in a Villa shirt but we've learnt how bang average the rest are, just as we thought we'd cracked it Konsa and Martinez excepted

Tonight was a continuation the recent disappointing performances and results. We had our moments tonight, but overall, we were well off the pace and our historical poor record against Tottenham followed its inevitable course.

While I am not putting our poor form and performances down to Covid alone, I don't think the outbreak at the club can be understated in the impact it's had on our progress this season.

We have been nowhere near the same side as we were pre the outbreak at the club - it really has knocked them for six to my mind. Energy levels are nowhere near what they were before and even before he got injured, Grealish was not anything like the player he was earlier in the season.

Arguably the only remotely decent performance since the turn of the year was the first half against Burnley. Covid apart, I think we've hit a bit of a ceiling where the depth of our squad (and maybe Deano's abilities) has reached a peak.

Fortunately, we almost certainly (certainly historically) have enough points to be safe, so we can address the strength of the squad in the summer.

The fuss over ‘relegation form‘ is really a pointless argument when it’s being made in a season when we are not anywhere near being relegated.
Our pre-new year form was champions league qualification form and that wasn’t going to happen either.

And being mystic Meg over next season is pointless as well.
Exhibit A - last season and no one knows where we will be player wise.

Something we agree on ! The ball I think went out of play when the tackle was made and it was not as bad as Kane made it appear.
Especially when he rolled holding his shin.
If cash didn't slide in he's running the risk of letting a cross come in, so he had to, but kane tried the pull back and ballsed it up.

Like I said, denial.
And only 3 goals scored in 6 games ! Only 11 in 2021 (14 games).
Worse than last season backed up with facts
not a blip is it 14 games really it's a run we could do without, two wingers are crap, one can't even play and the other beats himself he's so good.but he plays them week after week , rather than take a step back and think we'll go two up top until Jack is back or just try something different

not a blip is it 14 games really it's a run we could do without, two wingers are crap, one can't even play and the other beats himself he's so good.but he plays them week after week , rather than take a step back and think we'll go two up top until Jack is back or just try something different
Thank god we've probably got enough points already to survive. We made hay while the sun shone

The fuss over ‘relegation form‘ is really a pointless argument when it’s being made in a season when we are not anywhere near being relegated.
Our pre-new year form was champions league qualification form and that wasn’t going to happen either.

And being mystic Meg over next season is pointless as well.
Exhibit A - last season and no one knows where we will be player wise.

I just hope this current form is not where we really are though, or we will be back down the bottom half nest season and we may well finish this season below halfway , which will be gutting after we all thought we'd cracked it in this league

Tonight was a continuation the recent disappointing performances and results. We had our moments tonight, but overall, we were well off the pace and our historical poor record against Tottenham followed its inevitable course.

While I am not putting our poor form and performances down to Covid alone, I don't think the outbreak at the club can be understated in the impact it's had on our progress this season.

We have been nowhere near the same side as we were pre the outbreak at the club - it really has knocked them for six to my mind. Energy levels are nowhere near what they were before and even before he got injured, Grealish was not anything like the player he was earlier in the season.

Arguably the only remotely decent performance since the turn of the year was the first half against Burnley. Covid apart, I think we've hit a bit of a ceiling where the depth of our squad (and maybe Deano's abilities) has reached a peak.

Fortunately, we almost certainly (certainly historically) have enough points to be safe, so we can address the strength of the squad in the summer.
Yes something seemed to happen at HT vs Burnley away where we played the best football I've seen in years then someone turned a switch and we've not recovered since

I just hope this current form is not where we really are though, or we will be back down the bottom half nest season and we may well finish this season below halfway , which will be gutting after we all thought we'd cracked it in this league
The table doesn't lie. Fit and firing and we're right up there but post-outbreak, minus Jack and minus Barkley in any meaningful way and we're very very ordinary.

Some signings, a proper pre-season and a normal-ish schedule and I'm still really hopeful for next season. Shame this one is petering out though from a dreamlike start.

5 points over 6 games is relegation form. Extrapolated over 38 games it's less than 32 points

Yes, if from the start of the season before a ball is kicked but we aren't at the start of the season so in fairness mate, that stat counts for shit. As does my 5 game in fairness if taken over a season

But we're talking 2021 form when we're already safe and people have daftly been seduced by Europe which was never happening with our squad

And much like Wolves, Southampton previously and so on, if we did qualify for Europe it would send us back 2 years.

Yes, if from the start of the season before a ball is kicked but we aren't at the start of the season so in fairness mate, that stat counts for shit. As does my 5 game in fairness if taken over a season

But we're talking 2021 form when we're already safe and people have daftly been seduced by Europe which was never happening with our squad

And much like Wolves, Southampton previously and so on, if we did qualify for Europe it would send us back 2 years.

Yes but reverse this season and you'd have a case, a poor start and a decent finish and the future looks a lot brighter, like I said this feels like a draw but after you'd been 3 up not 3 down

Hate losing as we all do but when you meekly hand the game to them on a bloody plate and they don’t have to work for the 3 points, it’s the worst kind of defeat. Two goals simply gifted to them. Other than picking the ball out of the net, Martinez had about the same to do as Lloris which was virtually nothing. Tonight reminded me of many defeats of last season...once they went one up there was a certain inevitability about the outcome. The break has come at a good time for us. Time for this season’s project restart in a fortnight. Jack’s return can’t come soon enough.