Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm

It will be interesting to see how he goes about replicating Tammy's goalscoring with the forwards at his disposal.

Absolutely terrible, that’s why I don’t normally bother with the early rounds of the cups as they’re just dead. Atmosphere was completely flat today and the players just didn’t look up for it at all either except McGinn. 30/31,000 announced at the end but looked pretty full to me ?

On the bright side, our home game with Ipswich in 3 weeks time remains a Saturday afternoon as they were knocked out too, every cloud ?

Dean Smith can fuck off, same old bull shit, talk the talk then completely bottle it after a handfull of games and a chance to see what our youth can actually do OH NO he goes for the same shit that has dropped us points after points, players out of position and bad tactics, I seriously am getting sick of supporting this club.

There are plenty of others out there to 'support' South Side Villan....how about Man City, they're quite good and win a lot. I've been through thick and thin for 5 decades but NEVER have I once got 'seriously sick' of supporting the club. And as for suggesting Smith can 'fuck off'........less said the better really.

That was really poor today....no excuses. Was happy enough with the team selection but other than John McGinn who was head and shoulders above the lot of them in terms of desire and effort....like most of our recent cup performances, the rest of them were shocking!

All the way home I was struggling to find any positives. I still haven't found any. No point me making any comments about players as everything has been said.
I got fed up with hearing how we had the best squad in the Championship and how Bruce was failing to get anything out of them.
The squad is paper thin and short on quality. Even Dean has found it impossible to get a decent performance out of the fringe players.
That was piss poor this afternoon and, once again, we're out of the cup before the end of the first week in January.

There are plenty of others out there to 'support' South Side Villan....how about Man City, they're quite good and win a lot. I've been through thick and thin for 5 decades but NEVER have I once got 'seriously sick' of supporting the club. And as for suggesting Smith can 'fuck off'........less said the better really.

What the hell are you on about? If you think I meant for DS to literally fuck off then you are an idiot and why would I be a glory hunting prick and support a team that's doing well? If I was a glory hunting prick do you not think I would have ditched supporting Villa a long time ago? I hate fans like you.

I don't want to see Glen whelan, hutton, or El mohamdy play again but James Bree was shit today as was half that team. The goalkeeper is exempt because he had nothing in front of him.
shame on you villa because there were a lot of kids in the upper trinity and that was pathetic, embarrassing and non committal.

That was awful and I'm so wound up because Swansea are not Brazil but we're by far the better team.

What now concerns me is the way Dean tactically sets the team up with attacking play in mind at the expense of the acres of space being left wide open on our flanks which teams have now sussed out at the expense of far too many goals being conceded and it's now happening every game.

Obviously after the way Bruce set us up to play Deans approach was a breath of fresh air but that new manager bounce has now gone and it would appear the balance and willingness of the team have as well.

When you also include players not tracking back, players not closing down all over the pitch then we have become an easy team to plan and play against and now is the time to turn the screw with them.

My own opinion is mistakes have been made with match day selections asking certain players to perform roles they aren't suited to but to be fair to Dean this is Bruce's squad of players so he needs the time and players he wants and knows who can perform each role all over the pitch.

Many of the players currently in the squad are not giving him, the club and fans value for money and far too many are simply not good enough and it's these that should be removed ASAP.

Dean Smith and our coaches have been in football and now at Villa Park long enough to know what's needed so we will have to be patient but please, stop making some silly mistakes like only today asking the positionally unaware Hutton to play centre back no less:eek!:

Last edited: