Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon | Page 40 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon

I've been thinking about what would have happened last season if we'd been 4-0 down with half an hour to go.
I suspect we'd have folded.
So, it was not a good result but I think we're a better team than we were then.
Agreed, I think we'll be about 15th this season.

I've been thinking about what would have happened last season if we'd been 4-0 down with half an hour to go.
I suspect we'd have folded.
So, it was not a good result but I think we're a better team than we were then.

With respect Mr BBJ. At 4 nil down after 58 mins I think we had already folded.

Ever the optimist, I’m still hopeful of a top 12 finish but we need to get back to doing the basics right which seems to have gone out the window of late
A few points will make a big difference in league position. I'm still projecting 54-56pts as a satisfactory "improvement" season - totally safe and something to build on.

On a separate note, why do all teams wait for an apocalypse prior to changing a manager? Not asking for change, just proposing that if someone is available, why not change if it is progressive and going to improve us.

Ever the optimist, I’m still hopeful of a top 12 finish but we need to get back to doing the basics right which seems to have gone out the window of late
Well Dumble Im a pessamist, so not sure about the top twelve, but 100% agree about getting back to doing the basics right.