Aston Villa v Small Heath Alliance 25/11/18 12pm K.O officially sold out | Page 19 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Small Heath Alliance 25/11/18 12pm K.O officially sold out

I had a great morning this morning, I am off work as had a hospital thing this evening, so I watched basically every You Tube clip from yesterdays game, and had a smile on my face for about 6 hours solid.

Without being too negative, I would like to say a serious point though.

I really don't know what it is with Villa Blues games but it does one of two things - it either attracts absolute idiots who have no idea how to behave , or, it turns normal people for the other 42 games a year into total idiots who don't know how to behave.

And I am talking Villa fans here - because of segregation - I didn't see a Bluenose yesterday,

Example (and this isn't because I am 48 , because Iw wouldn't have dreamt of doing it at 28 - walking to the Holte yesterday, I saw two blokes, obviously dads, both in early 30's, one with a boy about 5 , one with a girl about 8 = both dads had a can of beer in one hand, two cans of beer in their pockets, being around 30yrds from the Holte wher they were not allowed to take them (at 11am - obviously already with a few on board) and singing at their top of their voices - and more alarmingly, encouraging their roughly 8 and 5 yr olds to sing up for the lads - the Lennon inspired "bo**cks your a c***"

What is it with these games that attracts / or turns people into total pondlife ? - I looked at the girl and she had a total look of embarrassment on her face.

Glad it is over for another year, and hopefully another 16

Know exactly what you mean. The whole walk to the ground has a different feel. And it's not that nice either.

Yes hate the SOTV song and the My Old Man one. I find them totally embarrassing.

Had to laugh at the deluded Small Heath fans on WM tonight. Only slightly bitter I thought !!!!!!

Smith doesn't have to play Taylor but he does and that tells me he has confidence in him. It's how the defence works as a unit which matters, and overall it did pretty well.

Taylor is fine going forward and just adds balance in general. Its hard to quantify Hutton Vs. Taylor at LB because neither is ideal.

Yes hate the SOTV song and the My Old Man one. I find them totally embarrassing.

Had to laugh at the deluded Small Heath fans on WM tonight. Only slightly bitter I thought !!!!!!
I know I’ve made mention of it before but I just don’t get the songs, especially the My Old Man one....It’s 30 years out of date And it absolutely gets my goat when we’re singing anti Blues songs when we are not even playing them. And no, it’s not because I’m a grumpy old man. I hated it when I was teenager, standing on the holte when Spinksy and MacInally were actually playing!!!

I hate the my old man one as well and have never joined in with it. My old man, his old man and his before are all proud villa fans so to sing that song would be insulting.

I hate the my old man one as well and have never joined in with it. My old man, his old man and his before are all proud villa fans so to sing that song would be insulting.

Glad it isn't just me. One of the worst songs in football, especially when you realise we took that off the Blues who sung it.

I have always disliked hearing Villa fans sing about the great unwashed when we aren't even playing them as it makes it look like they are constantly on our mind.

When we play them for sure let them have it big time and then move on and leave them in their own scummy little world to hate us 24/7.

Last edited:
I had a great morning this morning, I am off work as had a hospital thing this evening, so I watched basically every You Tube clip from yesterdays game, and had a smile on my face for about 6 hours solid.

Without being too negative, I would like to say a serious point though.

I really don't know what it is with Villa Blues games but it does one of two things - it either attracts absolute idiots who have no idea how to behave , or, it turns normal people for the other 42 games a year into total idiots who don't know how to behave.

And I am talking Villa fans here - because of segregation - I didn't see a Bluenose yesterday,

Example (and this isn't because I am 48 , because Iw wouldn't have dreamt of doing it at 28 - walking to the Holte yesterday, I saw two blokes, obviously dads, both in early 30's, one with a boy about 5 , one with a girl about 8 = both dads had a can of beer in one hand, two cans of beer in their pockets, being around 30yrds from the Holte wher they were not allowed to take them (at 11am - obviously already with a few on board) and singing at their top of their voices - and more alarmingly, encouraging their roughly 8 and 5 yr olds to sing up for the lads - the Lennon inspired "bo**cks your a c***"

What is it with these games that attracts / or turns people into total pondlife ? - I looked at the girl and she had a total look of embarrassment on her face.

Glad it is over for another year, and hopefully another 16

Its not just that game. I've sat near to a couple of fuckwits in the Holte who get their very young children to sing that same song on the phone to their mothers at games. Every club has them unfortunately, just a reflection on our society

I'm always slightly uneasy about the Paul McGrath song. Highlighting his drinking problems in this way doesn't seem quite right somehow.

I'm always slightly uneasy about the Paul McGrath song. Highlighting his drinking problems in this way doesn't seem quite right somehow.
The John Terry one always gets me messaging his sister eh whats that all about.