Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm | Page 15 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm

We wasted the transfer window.

How sit is Hause if he can't get in above Taylor.

Well done Tommy Elphick with that assist.

Not suggesting there are many positives. We are shite. But kicking off against DS with a January window and FFP hanging around, or pathetic, 'sarcastic' posts...?

Not for me.
Fortunately my posts aren't for you so you can rest easy, personally I was just trying to lighten the mood but if you want me to stop fine. This has been yet another shit performance. Happy?

I see the problem as no ball carriers. Tuanzabe brought it out from the back, drew players, created space. Grealish did the same from deep and further up the pitch (he also made Adomah a better player).

What we do is play balls to players who are uncomfortable having it. Too many players can't receive a ball under pressure. The reality is that opposing teams don't have to set traps, they can pressure anyone bar McGinn.

Jedinak is bypassed and cannot pick a pass at all. Finally sussed that Hourihane is so one footed he has to play it sideways - looked very awkward to me.

So far from a Smith type team, the players in the main just can't do it. Kienan Davis, from what I remember, is a better footballer than Tammy Abrahams (although Tammy is the better finisher - considerably). Think they might compliment each other.

Long winter ahead guys without Jack & Axel. Having two wingers just doesn't work. Smith needs to rethink this with the players he has. Time to earn the coaching tag now.