Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm

Obviously I don't follow Sheff Utd but I have never heard of any of them, their squad value equates to perhaps one and a half the low estimate for Grealish and yet this happens.

The one guy called Edna Stevens was a villa player but wasn’t good enough to dispatch superstars such as Joe Bennett or Aly Cissokho

Need to ditch this crap 4,3,3. Not worked for 3 years and not working now.

We only persist with it cos our midfield is so bad we can’t cope only having 2 in there.

Completely agree. It’s a luxury for a Hourihane or Whelan. But they can’t and don’t use it. Make them go toe-to-f’ing-toe for a few months to sort their work rate out

Has to be said that there is little difference between this performance and those delivered by Bruce's teams.

Movement on and off the ball and speed of thought not quick enough. Too many long balls and crosses. Nothing like the way Brentford play. Sheff United quicker, more imaginative and collectively much more aggressive.

DS has a lot of work to do this summer with both signings and tactics, otherwise unfortunately, his time in charge will be brief.

You have to fucking laugh. This isn’t sour grapes, but sheff United would be in the bottom three in the top league but are winning comfortably.

Although I think that goal shouldn’t stand. They’ve had a few decisions go their way.

Clear foul on the keeper. In 2 hands and studs it out.

We never get a break from these joker officials.

Not sure why the commentators are giving the officials the benefit of the doubt with that. Was obviously a foul on the goalkeeper.