Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm

Hopefully this will be the game we turn up, motivated to go and press and move the ball quicker.

If not they will turn us over - Wilder got them well tuned in most games.

Still waiting Villa, a lot of talk but little action.

Hopefully this will be the game we turn up, motivated to go and press and move the ball quicker.

Only one transfer window gone though Aspinall. I reckon it could take 3 to sort out the squad completely.

Patience is needed then we can judge Smith.

Bloody amazing that a team only promoted last season is giving cause for concern. Their management has done a great job on them.
Our defence should look more balanced now although Taylor still gives me the yips.
Oh for the days when we could field a back four containing two converted forwards, with not a left footed player in sight and still win the league and the European cup.

Reactions: OVB

As you say ASPINALL Wilder has got them well tuned, but come May he has had three years to get them there, so early days yet for Smith.
As for Friday night 1-1

As you say ASPINALL Wilder has got them well tuned, but come May he has had three years to get them there, so early days yet for Smith.
As for Friday night 1-1

Wilder won League 1 by some distance in his first season with Sheffield Utd, 2nd season top half finish in this league and now challenging for automatic promotion. He's won promotion with 2 different clubs before that as well.
I'm sorry but Deano looks a long way off matching that sort of record.

Wilder won League 1 by some distance in his first season with Sheffield Utd, 2nd season top half finish in this league and now challenging for automatic promotion. He's won promotion with 2 different clubs before that as well.

I know, we really should be concentrating on managers with past records. Someone with 4 promotions say on his record would do us quite nicely :lol:

We dont need him to match that record garyshaw, just to get us up.

Arranged a trip months ago to go over to Germany for Koln v St. Pauli which is Friday night, original plan was to come back Saturday morning for this game until sky moved it not long ago ? now staying the weekend and going to another game. Season ticket going to waste, no one seems to want it!

Wilder won League 1 by some distance in his first season with Sheffield Utd, 2nd season top half finish in this league and now challenging for automatic promotion.

Similar to us. The gap from League One to the Championship isn’t that great.

Similar to us. The gap from League One to the Championship isn’t that great.

I don't think there is much difference between the top half of the championship and the also-rans in the premier league, you can finish 7th or 8th in the premier league and next season be relegated like the Baggies and possibly Burnley this season.

Sounds like Jack's not back until the Stoke game.

Oh well, just get on with it. Be nice if a few of them actually put in a shift for once.