Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd Match Thread

Nah, people have said that to me all season in must win matches, win today we get momentum, don't win and with the fixtures coming, I'd not fancy us at all.

We've been trying to win games all season, but the experienced teams in this league pick up wins from draws and draw from loses. They grind out points
2 wins and 6 draws could be enough.

Love to see us win all ten but if we go for it we will lose 9 of them

There is a quarter of the season to go we are not down yet but if we continue the gung ho approach we will be . We need to stop losing, grind out some points then the wins will come.
Keep being unlucky losers and we will be down

This is a definite 3 pointer if I’ve ever seen one

Not kidding. A win would be massive; out of relegation zone and useful reduction in the points we need (I think another 11 and we're likely to stay up). A draw disappointing, but that 1 point could yet be useful. Lose and we're well and truly in it; maybe how we lose is important, lose while being up for it gives us a chance, lose after collapsing will bring calls for somebody's head.

Opportunity knocks.

We were on a crap run. We have been given the opportunity to reset, get sorted and get out of this.

If we don't take this opportunity we will get what we deserve.

Nothing but a win will suffice .

Had it in my head this was on Friday! Now I'm so nervous I'm just walking around the house in circles! I forgot how awful football makes you feel! Hopefully the pain comes before the pleasure of a win tonight!

Had it in my head this was on Friday! Now I'm so nervous I'm just walking around the house in circles! I forgot how awful football makes you feel! Hopefully the pain comes before the pleasure of a win tonight!
It does make you feel awful, on top of everything else that's going on a perfect storm is brewing. Not sure I'm going to watch to be honest.

Use of substitutions is going to be interesting. Bit of a tactical battle between managers.

Personally I'd be seeing it as 2 free hits. A chance to haul off 2 under performers, which I would do at half time. 2 worst players. Off.

Then 2nd half just use the other 3 like any other match.

Use of substitutions is going to be interesting. Bit of a tactical battle between managers.

Personally I'd be seeing it as 2 free hits. A chance to haul off 2 under performers, which I would do at half time. 2 worst players. Off.

Then 2nd half just use the other 3 like any other match.

In a fair world, yes, but our bench will consist of 9 players of which 7 will probably weaken the side, we've probably got a couple of unlucky lads on the bench at times bit the others are there for injuries only.

I read that Smith has done a lot of analysis of our performances so far this season during the break and has used the opportunity to make adjustments... whilst credible, it does make me wonder why he didn’t know in the first place and needed the break in order to do this.

i'm wondering if we play like we have been well last time heaven help us .We need to show up take the game to them and get the early goal not give them the early goal i eagerly await come on villa 2-0 to us i'm hoping fingers crossed

i'm wondering if we play like we have been well last time heaven help us .We need to show up take the game to them and get the early goal not give them the early goal i eagerly await come on villa 2-0 to us i'm hoping fingers crossed

Yup, wind them up and send them out snarling. Blades will come out fighting I'm sure, we need to be at them from the get go, don't let them get any rhythm.

We've been trying to win games all season, but the experienced teams in this league pick up wins from draws and draw from loses. They grind out points
2 wins and 6 draws could be enough.

Love to see us win all ten but if we go for it we will lose 9 of them

There is a quarter of the season to go we are not down yet but if we continue the gung ho approach we will be . We need to stop losing, grind out some points then the wins will come.
Keep being unlucky losers and we will be down

Do or do not do, there is no try! (Props to our lord and master, Yoda)

Yes, my point is this IS a must win game. Not whether they have been trying or not.