Aston Villa v Rotherham , Tuesday 18th September 19.45 kick off. | Page 13 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Rotherham , Tuesday 18th September 19.45 kick off.

You're right, it is. Couldn't find it on there so am now watching it on ifollow via Rotherham! Villa aren't good at telling you what's on.

I don’t think I’ve ever said this, but I enjoyed, and found interesting, the commentary from the Rotherham folks. They were surprised at how lack lustre we were, how we didn’t go for the jugular after going one up, and basically how a team with so many top players could put in a performance like that. Obviously they haven’t taken much notice of us in recent times.

I don’t think I’ve ever said this, but I enjoyed, and found interesting, the commentary from the Rotherham folks. They were surprised at how lack lustre we were, how we didn’t go for the jugular after going one up, and basically how a team with so many top players could put in a performance like that. Obviously they haven’t taken much notice of us in recent times.

I often wonder the very same things, just wish it was a surprise to me rather than status quo

That was tedious but 3 points.

Really just can't get excited about it as Rotherham were as bad as Reading. A good side would have taken us to bits.
We'd win the league if we could play them every week that's for sure.

Two goals were very well finished is about as good as I can come up with

Bruce has the nerve to say he's wanted to play two forwards for a long time but, for some reason it's never worked here.
Again saying the right thing but, his actions tell a different story.
He replaces forward Abraham with, defender Bree.
That, along with his insistance on having all eleven players back for a corner, should tell you that Bruce is a safety first manager.
The result was joyous but, against a newly promoted team, the performance was ridiculous.
A goal up is the time to go for the oppositions throat and finish them off, not the time to sit back and have a rest.
At least a step in the right direction, playing two up front but, a backwards step playing Jedinak in the back four again. Lets just hope that playing two up front is a decision that will not be reversed.

Just back from the game and quickly read through the match thread, seen game described as 'turgid', 'disappointing' etc but I felt it was overall a much improved showing. Two up top and no defensive midfielder....hooray! Have to say Jedinak was excellent tonight as was McGinn. Jack had a better game than of late and signs that Kodjia and Abraham could forge a decent partnership......Bolasie also showed signs of real quality when he came on. There's no doubt we've got a more than decent squad of players. Wins breed confidence, another three points on Saturday and things will start to look a bit rosier. Some encouraging signs tonight......about time too!

Ditto.

Cheers Langoe66 saved me posting my views now.

Not perfect by any means and pretty workmanlike but I saw some encouraging signs and the first goal was one of them. Reallly nicely worked goal.

Mediocre average fare and took longer to get out of the Yew Tree carpark than usual C+ No doubt there is potential there but misguided from the top

Bruce has the nerve to say he's wanted to play two forwards for a long time but, for some reason it's never worked here.
Again saying the right thing but, his actions tell a different story.
He replaces forward Abraham with, defender Bree.
That, along with his insistance on having all eleven players back for a corner, should tell you that Bruce is a safety first manager.
The result was joyous but, against a newly promoted team, the performance was ridiculous.
A goal up is the time to go for the oppositions throat and finish them off, not the time to sit back and have a rest.
At least a step in the right direction, playing two up front but, a backwards step playing Jedinak in the back four again. Lets just hope that playing two up front is a decision that will not be reversed.

The performance was 'ridiculous'....? The performance was markedly better than most of the shite served up so far so sorry, whilst far from perfect, it wasn't 'ridiculous'. As for Jedinak, I can't criticise Bruce picking him at centre half when he plays exceptionally well. I shouted at the bloody radio when I heard he was playing there but he didn't put a foot wrong tonight so I'm happy to eat humble pie and would rather focus on the fact that we kept our first clean sheet...could argue that Bruce got it right....just saying!

We scored and did bugger all else in the 2nd half. Saturday will be a proper test. 30.30 33 33 , our back four. Rotherham are utter gash and I would still bin nans hair ASAP.

The performance was 'ridiculous'....? The performance was markedly better than most of the shite served up so far so sorry, whilst far from perfect, it wasn't 'ridiculous'. As for Jedinak, I can't criticise Bruce picking him at centre half when he plays exceptionally well. I shouted at the bloody radio when I heard he was playing there but he didn't put a foot wrong tonight so I'm happy to eat humble pie and would rather focus on the fact that we kept our first clean sheet...could argue that Bruce got it right....just saying!

OK we had something like 60% of the ball, kept a clean sheet and scored two but, it was a performance that only got those results because of whom we were playing.
Disjointed is one way of putting it, mind you we've been disjointed, to varying degrees, all season.

Bruce won’t be helping himself out with that post match interview saying he hopes it “shuts a few of them up but I doubt it”

Jedinak: was excellent and won everything in the air
Mcginn: massive energy, won the ball back repeatedly, MOM
Abraham: Good touches and movement
Kodja: Good skills and looks better with another striker
Grealish: Better but needs to get in shooting positions
Bolasie: energy, confidence and brave finish
Ghazi: looked a bit lost, but will get better
Hutton: limited and unbalances the team. Looks awkward.
Elmo: Steady. Couple of howlers, But ok generally
Chester: solid
Nyland: Comfortable