Aston Villa v Reading, Tues 3rd April, 7.45pm | Page 8 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Reading, Tues 3rd April, 7.45pm

That will do nicely. Funny what happens when you play your best players isn't it? They find a way. Always nice when the opposition get an early(ish) red.

Can't complain with a routine 3-0 home win, but I'm sure plenty will :grinning:

Anyway, if Wolves can do us a favour on Saturday and we can put away Norwich, Cardiff next week will be tasty. The main thing is, we put distance (and goals) between ourselves and 7th.

The Wolves fan was right , Reading are the worst side I've seen this season even when they had 11 on the field !

I don't think they had a single attempt at goal .

Nice easy win in the end bit disappointed we didn't get a few more , it was that easy nobody even bothered jeering Bacuna . He was as inept as the rest of them .

Nice to have Koj back for the playoffs

I certainly won't be getting carried away with this win , Reading really were that poor .

Reading were pretty pathetic. Great result, nice practice match for us.

Now beat Norwich!

A good night. Thought we played decently tonight even before the sending off but despite getting into so many good positions the final ball was often lacking. I've seen us struggle against ten men over the years but we worked the ball well tonight and it could have been five or six. Reading were poor throughout....since joining, Leandro has clearly dragged the club down to his level....i.e. Useless! Still plenty to play for and by this time next week, who knows...we could be just one point behind Cardiff, follow it up with another win on Friday against Leeds and within 10 days a ten point deficit is erased and we're two points in front of them.....albeit having played two more games. Nothing like having points on the board though....and nothing like a win to make anything seem possible! UTV!

Good win , and everything worked out perfectly . Got Kodjia some minutes and were able to take off Super Jack and Snoddy early to save their legs.

Reading were awful and sisn't even have a go when they went one down. Thor had a very good game and got a top goal. Hourihane in double figures now and Kodjia looked good although so would I against that lot.

11 points and goal difference between Villa and 7th, time to start sorting out the teams for the play offs. 7 points behind Cardiff and they have a game in hand... so although I would never give up on Villa I think we all know its into the play offs and three cup final games.

Yep. What everyone else has said.

Only to add.

Hogan thoroughly deserved his goal. Great work ethic and making runs players are not seeing. He must be frustrated at times which is even more to his credit that he keeps going.

In the first half that overhead touch by Terry when running back to our goal with the Reading forward bearing down on him was sublime.

Should have scored more, some of that was down to two or three worldy saves from Minonne.

The bbc text match thing is bollox. Having read back through on the way back to the car. After our first goal they said that Reading still had a threat!!!!!!!and also the bloke was harshly sent off. Didn't see much complaining from Reading at the time. :shake:

Think we need just a bit more confidence. We should have scored in the first half but it's as though we're too anxious and snatch at the trigger. Once we scored there was only one winner. Same against Wolves really; after the first goal we looked a far more dangerous team, even though they pulled one back.

Having Thor in there seems to make a huge difference. We start dominating the midfield.

Well, you can only beat what is in front of you and that was more like it tonight.

Few little moans but a 3 0 win is a 3 0 win.

Bjarnsson was excellent in both workrate and quality, which allowed both Grealish and Hourihane to flourish - although Grealish is still playing too deep.

Kodjia will be a huge player over the next two months coz i still dont think Hogan has enough.

The defence was solid, the midfield doninated , just get that edge up front and maybe it can happen afterall.

However, you do have to say - Reading were crap !!

But tgatll do nicely.

Motm thor

That will do nicely, good to see the midfield in and around the box. Nice goal from Bjarnason - their guy deserved 2 yellows for those challenges. Mannone made some nice saves but Hogan got him a treat. Shame what went on beforehand