Aston Villa v QPR, Tues 13th March @ 7.45pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v QPR, Tues 13th March @ 7.45pm

The Fear - 2/3/2018 09:35

My road is hilarious, it's half snow and half clear. My half is clear. Wind has blown the snow to the opposite side.

If it's as bad out there as some are experiencing though, then I'd have thought common sense will have to prevail.

Sending the servants out to clear your side of the road only. Bet the neighbours think you're right up yourself!

Latest from the club on tomorrows prospects.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/03/02/villa-v-qpr-match-update

Good news on the injury front. Maybe wouldn't be the worst thing if the game was postponed tomorrow - would allow more time for recovery for the walking wounded.

Also, it would mean me not having to dig out my car. Really not into the idea to be honest.

JuanPabloAngel - 2/3/2018 10:54

Good news on the injury front. Maybe wouldn't be the worst thing if the game was postponed tomorrow - would allow more time for recovery for the walking wounded.

Also, it would mean me not having to dig out my car. Really not into the idea to be honest.

Fully agree mate

Pitch is fine and I'm sure the club will ensure the surrounding areas are safe too. But ultimately they will need to take a steer from the police as to the safety of getting people to and from the game.

Weather should favour us hardened Midlanders against a bunch of southern softies but the forecast doesn’t look good as Met Office predicting 5 hours of 80/90% chance of heavy snow this afternoon/evening, plus several hours of 50/70% chance of light snow. Pitch should be ok, but roads, pavements, car parks etc could be an issue.

Unbelievable that the weather now can so easily stop everything. As a kid growing up in the 70s I somehow survived walking , yes walking to school in proper winter conditions and football matches being on . The only thing that would call a match off would be the pitch not being playable.

Looks like, unless the weather gets worse, that the Aston Villa match v Queens Park Rangers at Villa Park on Saturday is set to go ahead.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524460">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

With more snow due, I'm not sure this will go ahead. Or at least not sure how many will be able to attend to watch it go ahead!?

It's a pain but I think safety first, can't see me getting out of Redditch let alone through Birmingham and to VP

According to bbc weather it is due to snow from around 3pm today until 2am.. although these forecasts never seem to be 100% accurate when it comes to snow.

I’m not in Birmingham so don’t know how bad it is... if the game goes ahead I will have to make a decision tomorrow as getting to villa is a 1 hour journey for me which is a bit too far to gamble on the conditions. I’m sure a lot will be coming from even further away than that as well

As it stands at the moment, travel from the outlying areas is tough. If it snows again, as forecast, it will only get worse. The attendance is already bound to be affected. I'd say call it off for all concerned.

Jack would be fit for the rearranged game too.

Don't worry, the big thaw has arrived - temp up to 0°C now :19:

Although I have just looked out of the window and it has started snowing quite heavily again :26:

Don't know what the wind is like where you lot are but here in Wales it's still around 50mph. With the chill factor must be around -12C. 2 minutes outside is enough.

Very little snow on anywhere exposed. It must have gone somewhere.

It`s coming down very thick and heavy now in Great Barr,about 5 miles from Villa Park.
I was really looking forward to the match.Doesn`t look good for tomorrow,especially when this lot freezes overnight.