Aston Villa v QPR, Tues 13th March @ 7.45pm | Page 23 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v QPR, Tues 13th March @ 7.45pm

The tank was empty after wolves
Easy to say in hindsight I know but the team needed 3 or 4 maybe 5 changes

Forget this and move on to Bolton

This is pretty typical in football unfortunately. You have a massive game which is really difficult and a lot riding on it and you end up winning in convincing fashion only to completely slip up in the next seemingly easy game.

There was probably a combination of complacency and mental tiredness which crept in. All we can ask is to bound back with conviction in the next match and if we can do that we've a chance.

Sir Dennis - I totally understand that an individual could fluctuate on performance level.

I don’t think I’ve seen a whole team as a collective perform so badly and lacking motivation, following the confidence they deserved from previous game.

2 or 3 players you would expect - they were all sooooo bad is was scary ( maybe 1 or 2 were ok to be fair )

I can’t see how the crowd can be blamed for blowing it.. The crowd need something to latch on to and that has to come from effort and commitment on the pitch.
Bruce is to be congratulated in many ways; bringing in Terry not least and turning the big ship around on a fairly modest budget and we’re not quite ready yet for the final analysis of the season.
However, I believe his Achilles heel is his balance between caution and risk in that her errs towards the former at the expense of attack exemplified by the removal of Bjarnason for the Blues match and the continual desire to play Jedinak as centre half protection.
Additionally, there seems to be a mindset factor, whether individual or collective, that believes the war is won after just one battle. That win against Blues was followed by 3 dodgy performances yielding 4 points from 9. It seems the build up, effort and glory in a major fixture results in capitulation in the following matches,

Fulford - 14/3/2018 18:04

If they are not capable mentally to handle 2 big games in close succession then God help us in the play offs.
Only just got back from Brum so have not posted at all on either games.
I think what you say is wrong Fulford.
If these had been games against two top teams, "big games" I think we would have handled it.
I really think we turned up Tuesday and for whatever reason just wernt at the races and mentally we were flat.
The atmosphere in the ground was the same. When my brother and I were walking to the game I said to him "what chance of an after the lord mayors show performance" and we both agreed it was highly likely.
On the game itself I havent read many comments but I would just say that I couldnt believe Bruce started the second half with Jedi still on the pitch and Thor on the bench. The change when it did come was way to late.
Anyway enough moaning, the Wolves game was out of this world and shows what we can do when we get it right. I am sure the Wolves fans were thinking how the hell did that happen, just like us on Tuesday night.
I didnt think we would get automatic promotion at the start of the season and was reasonably confident about the play-offs, and I still am.
All still to play for, cmon you lions.