Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest , Wednesday 28th November 19.45 K.O | Page 15 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest , Wednesday 28th November 19.45 K.O

A match worthy of 2 former European Champions ? can’t moan at the entertainment value that’s for sure but my god the defending was shocking! I want to say Tuanzebe had a good game as when he was on the ball he looked very assured and strong but we conceded 5 so can’t really rate him, Chester or the GK at all. Our goalie has his moments and by that I mean good and bad, there’s certainly a good GK in there but we can’t afford to hang around waiting for it to appear. Thank the Lord we have Abraham up front and the players to supply him, great game he had putting 4 away. Can’t think of a player who’s scored 4 and not won a game, one for opta!

Actually drove to the Villa tonight, pretty sure that’s my first time ever doing that. Trains were cancelled between New Street and Bromsgrove because of damage to the lines from the wind, strange night all round!

Last edited:
A match worthy of 2 former European Champions ? can’t moan at the entertainment value that’s for sure but my god the defending was shocking! I want to say Tuanzebe had a good game as when he was on the ball he looked very assured and strong but we conceded 5 so can’t really rate him, Chester or the GK at all. Our goalie has his moments and by that I mean good and bad, there’s certainly a good GK in there but we can’t afford to hang around waiting for it to appear. Thank the Lord we have Abraham up front and the players to supply him, great game he had putting 4 away. Can’t think of a player who’s scored and not won a game, one for opta!

Actually drove to the Villa tonight, pretty sure that’s my first time ever doing that. Trains were cancelled between New Street and Bromsgrove because of damage to the lines from the wind, strange night all round!

In 1966 we were 5-1 down away to Spurs and the game finally ended up 5-5 with the great Tony Hateley scoring 4!

Good grief. My lord, Good heavens.

What just happened?!

5-4 would have been an epic win. Of course the coaches will not be impressed, but that was entertaining and after ten or so seasons of drivel and boredom, I don't mind a bit of excitement.

Suicidal defending and sadly, that keeper will never be what we all hoped he would be.. namely a keeper!

Fair play to both teams tonight , they gave it everything, there are 5 positives and 5 negatives, but every player was on their backs after giving it all , I respect that . Good times coming hopefully

Completely worn out after that! 2-0 down and I'd have taken a draw but to go 5-4 up against ten men and not go on to win it especially after coming from behind 3 times feels like a kick in the teeth. Frustrating but that's what we expect as Villa fans isn't it?! 26 attempts on goal, five goals and we still don't win....It's certainly not dour at B6 any more.....!

I wanted 4 points from Forest and Boro so it will have to be a win at the Riverside.

Smith will have them on the training pitch tomorrow working on the defence - he and JT will be fuming. The new goalkeeping coach will just have to admit that he cannot make a keeper out of Nyland and look at the alternatives available until January comes around.

VTID
HEITS
UTV

Saw that Chester has been slammed on twitter, with one guy saying he'd been superb for two years and rubbish all this season.
Maybe I can offer an explanation for that.
Chester is a rightsided centreback forced to play on the left side, with a young player as his partner.
This young player looks good with the ball at his feet but, his positional sense is more than a little short, meaning Chesters own game is off because he is playing on his wrong side.
Chester first had to play with Jedinak, who went missing a lot of the time, leaving Chester to try and cover for him, to the detriment of Chesters own game.
Chester has been carrying an injury for a few games that got exacerbated in the Wales international.
I'd suggest Chester be given a break from the criticism.

Gutted now. Great entertainment , but to get to 5-4 ahead with 10 minutes to go against 10 men feels like a defeat now. Calamity defending from both sides and I expect both managers will have nightmares tonight. The disallowed goal at the end will be interesting to watch. We also should have had 2 more penalties .

I wanted 4 points from Forest and Boro so it will have to be a win at the Riverside.

Smith will have them on the training pitch tomorrow working on the defence - he and JT will be fuming. The new goalkeeping coach will just have to admit that he cannot make a keeper out of Nyland and look at the alternatives available until January comes around.

VTID
HEITS
UTV

The alternatives to Nyland are an untested Moreira, an untested Sarkic, or the disasterous Bunn.
Nylands confidence will be pretty much non-existent after tonight. Dropping him might just set that lack of confidence in concrete, meaning he might never recover.