Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest , Wednesday 28th November 19.45 K.O | Page 14 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest , Wednesday 28th November 19.45 K.O

Karanka is known for being a defensive minded manager. They couldn’t cope with us attacking wise. Look at the stats of that game. 26 shots, 12 on target.
Forest literally scored with pretty much every shot they had. We won’t come up against that very often.
We are no worse off than the beginning of the fixtures. Still 9 points off top. 4 off the playoff places.

7 games in, first draw. We are not going to win every game, not even Citeh can do that. We all knew the defensive frailties before DS got here. Chester is a shadow of last year's player so let's just accept the result for what it is - an anomaly. Other teams won't be able to exploit our weaknesses the way Forest did. As others have intimated, role on January. Still only 3 games off the top spot.

I suppose to put it in context Derby lost at Stoke when playing against 10 men for an hour.

Hourihane as defensive midfielder is an attacking concept but a crap idea. If ever a player is a bystander it's him. As for Nyland, a shocking performance.
I am usually a fan of Hourihane but tonight he was awful. Nyland thought he was poor for the 4th goal which was so far out any keeper should be saving those, 5th goal I didn’t see well but looked like a near post clanger

It may be a one off but the first 35 minutes against Blues and now this, those clean sheets were a million miles away.
Just a team in transition. Everyone wanted the shackles off, at least we got what we wanted. I didn't see a single minute but it was exhilarating reading it on here. Big shout to Fulford and others for keeping me informed.

That was insane - Terrible for the old heart but must have been great for the neutrals.

What clearly came out of that was Nyland really isn't very good is he and I'm trying to remain polite! - I did hear a recent rumour that they are seriously looking for a new keeper in January and if that's true then his non-performance tonight should seal it, In fact, he really shouldn't play another game for us.

Hutton is back to making dreadful positioning decisions while defending - Taylor is shot and doesn't want the ball - Chester's form has drooped right off and the partnership with Tunazebe is non-existent and you could drive a juggernaut between them as teams have now worked out and are targeting them with simple balls through the middle.

Hourihane doesn't track back and apart from dead ball situations doesn't give the team anything else.

Apart from that what an entertaining game!

That was insane - Terrible for the old heart but must have been great for the neutrals.

What clearly came out of that was Nyland really isn't very good is he and I'm trying to remain polite! - I did hear a recent rumour that they are seriously looking for a new keeper in January and if that's true then his non-performance tonight should seal it, In fact, he really shouldn't play another game for us.

Hutton is back to making dreadful positioning decisions while defending - Taylor is shot and doesn't want the ball - Chester's form has drooped right off and the partnership with Tunazebe is non-existent and you could drive a juggernaut between them as teams have now worked out and are targeting them with simple balls through the middle.

Hourihane doesn't track back and apart from dead ball situations doesn't give the team anything else.

Apart from that what an entertaining game!
What came out of that is the defence can't defend as the keeper is the last line...not saying he is great...but we had this the first year with Sam..so that's that. Making silly defensive mastakes agn.... ?

Once he'd put Hourihane in as cover for the defence we were fkd. I thought he'd replace him with Whelan on at half time. Chester has become a pale imitation of what he was and Nyland is a big bloke but totally insipid. Good luck Dean, John and co.

Can someone explain to me what the hell I just witnessed?? Score 5 at home, 2 disallowed and they have a man sent off and we've only a point!! I'd bet that if Kodjia had just put his head on that cross instead of trying to volly it we'd have won 1 nil.

No idea how to sum that up but bar tuanzabe the defence didn't do their job. Keeper needs to go, that was the last straw for me. Chester seems to be intent on playing opposition players in. Taylor is just shit at everything.

Insane game that highlights our strengths and weaknesses for all to see. A central midfielder that can make simple passes and tackle, a keeper, a centre half and a left back in January please. If we can stay in touch till then and fill those positions with quality we can run riot in this league.