Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest , Wednesday 28th November 19.45 K.O | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest , Wednesday 28th November 19.45 K.O

sirdennis

Alert Team
Time to forget the Small Heath triumph and move on to another tricky game.

Forest have been going well , but another win would really help us make ground on the top 6.

You can virtually guarantee that if we'd had Saturday's result under Bruce then tomorrow night's performance would be shit. Let's hope Smith can get them up for it.

Really tough game. Forest have only lost twice. Could go either way. But i really dont fear anyone in this league enough to think we can't win . Our worst enemy is post Sunday effect. I think Smith has that firmly in mind though.

Hopefully Mcginn back in place of Whelan. Albert looked crocked so expect Bolasie in. Otherwise has to be same line up as blues.

Forest home then Boro away. 4 points from these games either way round will be a great return.

It will probably be a tight game tomorrow night. Forest are starting to look like Karanka's Boro team - keep it tight at the back and try and nick a goal. Grabban seems to have found his shooting boots recently as well so Chester needs to be on his game this time.

Just had a memory from 11 years ago flash up on Facebook -

"Hoping for 4 wins on the trot on Wednesday".

11 years later... same scenario. I'm too scared to go and look how it turned out 11 years ago. lol

It's going to be like having a hangover after the big bang.
We always come to earth with a bump, remember last season after stuffing wolves.
I can't see us losing as Smith is breath of fresh air compared to dullard Bruce so it's a 1:1 draw for me.
It would be incredible to win the game and 4 on the trot.

I'd take a draw right now. Better performance than Sunday would be good and set us up to try to get all 3 against Boro.

I hope Chester has well and truly got over his injury and is fully switched on tomorrow. He was caught in possession and robbed three times on Sunday. One led to their first goal and the other two could have been costly against a better team.

Yep, expect this one to be a tight one.

Bolasie starting for Adomah and McGinn in for Whelan should be the only tweaks needed to Sundays' starting eleven.

Not so sure that McGinn will be ready. Hoping for a 1-0 win, but I have a bad feeling about this one. Mental energy expended on Sunday will mean the players will have to really be disciplined.... Grabban is a real threat...

Forest are doing well but they haven't yet met the mighty Villa at the fortress Villa Park they will be bricking it trust me.

Me I'd, leave Whelan in, as he did well and leave the overrated Hourihane who did feck all out, along with the hapless Taylor, assuming Bolasie and SJM start.Deano was happy with the result on Sunday but not the performance. Maybe time for some changes.

Comes down to the manager. Under Bruce, a tired performation. Under Smith, the whole team on a buzz and can't wait to get down there.

For that reason, I think he'll just go for McGinn and Bolasie in for Whelan and Albert, as others have said. Hope O'Hare gets another call up; with Albert and Lansbury out this could be his moment to get onto the field.

We win, we win comfortably at a canter by a margin of a minimum of two goals but sticking at 4-1

Deano said before the Small Heath game he had to look at the whole week rather than just one game so I expect one or two changes if not tomorrow for Saturday. Albert must be out he looked in a lot of pain Sunday so Bolasie will come in . SJM was very close on Sunday so could be fine for tomorrow fingers crossed.

Adomah had a good attacking game Sunday for the first time in a long time. But Bolasie coming in is such a luxury, he’ll tear this league apart when he gets fit.

We should play with confidence, but I think the atmosphere being less intense, no doubt a forest team who will come to frustrate and an ex striker who’s bound to score will make it tough.

I don’t like putting scores in the match thread for superstitious reasons but I reckon there will be 3 goals, 3 points to the Villa but no clean sheet :utv: