Aston Villa v Newcastle | Page 8 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle

Ashley is the one ultimately responsible for the state of the club, he's the one that makes the decisions and the buck stops with him.

Does he deserve credit for the 5th place finish? Nope, simply because it was never intentional. Ashliar's remit then is the same now, to stay in the Premier League, they just had better players then and a lot of luck. They still went out of both cups in the 4th round !

Ashley is the one that should be getting it but people aren't doing it, it's been said for years but nothing is ever organised.

Doesnt mean that Bruce is blameless as Bruce is the one that organises training, formations *coughs team selection ahem. Would he have done better with better players, no I don't believe he would've. Don't forget that he was in charge of Aston Villa who was supposed to walk the championship but never did, not even close.

If he hasn't got the right players then it's HIS responsibility to bang on Ashley's door and demand better players. If not then resign! He was 11th choice because no fucker else wanted it, he was told by Shearer not to take the job in the first place. He's failed at every other club he's been to except Hull.

It's a poor squad but they aren't fit and they don't even look like what they are doing! Who's responsibility is that? BRUCE! So why the fuck is Bruce giving them free licence to do what the fuck they want cos they aren't training properly.

Its reported that Ashley was disappointed in 5th place because he'd been sold the dream of Champions League by Llambias who convinced him to shell out for Cisse in the January transfer window

That disappointment of having to fight on two fronts without massive CL windfalls was the distinct point in history when Ashley thought fuck it - he decided then and there that chasing a Europa cup (any cup) was just a headache that would get in the way of securing the PL riches

Its reported that Ashley was disappointed in 5th place because he'd been sold the dream of Champions League by Llambias who convinced him to shell out for Cisse in the January transfer window

That disappointment of having to fight on two fronts without massive CL windfalls was the distinct point in history when Ashley thought fuck it - he decided then and there that chasing a Europa cup (any cup) was just a headache that would get in the way of securing the PL riches

So why didn't Liararse sell him the dream of the grand richest of the CL before then?

You're right about the costs involved to fight on two fronts or any cup put Ashley off but his remit has always been profit before anything else. Which is why it was more profitable being a yo-yo club. Spend little and hopefully it's enough to survive, if not drop into the championship but spend more than everyone else to get out and hope those players can scrape survival. Then flog any "purple" for a tidy profit as well.

I'm not even sure what we are discussing now mate other than we both agree Ashley has no interest in anything other than PL survival

Set the bar low with blokes who have a poor track record

Bruce is the one who will take the flak but its clear he isnt to blame

Last edited:
I've been drinking, bacardi and Pepsi yummy.

We can agree that Ashliar's a **** and will always be a **** who is mostly to blame and should be the one to take the flak.

Bruce is an inept buffoon who could do better (IMO)

I've been drinking, bacardi and Pepsi yummy.

We can agree that Ashliar's a **** and will always be a **** who is mostly to blame and should be the one to take the flak.

Bruce is an inept buffoon who could do better (IMO)

Agreed but Bruce was an inept buffoon who could do better long before Ashley went looking for him

Is Ashley at fault for the overall mess of the club? Yes

Can you blame him if we go down after investing £100 million a few months ago? No

You could probably argue about this all day that the buck stops with the owner but what is universally agreed is Steve Bruce is a fucking dreadful manager, he's never been anything else. People trying to say Benitez is no different (purely on football and not politics) are clutching at straws and it's embarrassing actually.

I have blamed Ashley for every single relegation we've had under him, but if you look at fitness levels, morale and body language of those players and think that's Ashleys fault then I have no words.

Of course you could say well "Ashley hired Bruce " Well the vast majority of fans including myself didn't want him here in the first place.

Is Ashley at fault for the overall mess of the club? Yes

Can you blame him if we go down after investing £100 million a few months ago? No

You could probably argue about this all day that the buck stops with the owner but what is universally agreed is Steve Bruce is a fucking dreadful manager, he's never been anything else. People trying to say Benitez is no different (purely on football and not politics) are clutching at straws and it's embarrassing actually.

I have blamed Ashley for every single relegation we've had under him, but if you look at fitness levels, morale and body language of those players and think that's Ashleys fault then I have no words.

Of course you could say well "Ashley hired Bruce " Well the vast majority of fans including myself didn't want him here in the first place.

100 million a few months ago ??

who was that spent on?

100 million a few months ago ??

who was that spent on?

Think its :

Joelinton
ASM
Wilson
Lewis
Krapth

Plus possibly counting Almiron as well! Of course £40m of that went on SloJo.

Only Wilson has proved to be any good
ASM faded but wasn't that consistent
If Almiron is included well he still runs around a lot but no end product

you not going to answer another simple question...

Who did Ashley spend a 100 million on a few months ago??

Meanwhile.... Chelski have sacked Lampard so I fully expect the likes of Savage, Sutton, Sherwood, Slimy Jordan and Redknobb to encourage Steve Bruce to leave the ungrateful Geordies for a big 6 club.

Bruce has had roughly £100m to spend since he came in only recouping the £30m or so for Perez.

Surely there must be brown envelopes involved somewhere as well.

just to help Raza out a bit here......

Joelinton was signed July 2019 (40m) - (fair to assume he was coming in regardless of which sap took the managers job)

Saint Maximim was signed August 2019 (20m)

Krafth was signed Aug 2019 (5m)

There were no January purchases for the 2019 - 2020 season

32 million made on the sales of Perez & Joselu

This season..
Callum Wilson (20m)
Jamal Lewis (15m)

So by my reckoning Ashley has invested 35 million in the last few months

35 million in the last TWELVE months to be more accurate

Still happy to make excuses for him Raza lad ???

Last edited:
just to help Raza out a bit here......

Joelinton was signed July 2019 (40m) - (fair to assume he was coming in regardless of which sap took the managers job)

Saint Maximim was signed August 2019 (20m)

Krafth was signed Aug 2019 (5m)

There were no January signings for the 2019 - 2020 season

32 million made on the sales of Perez & Joselu

This season..
Callum Wilson (20m)
Jamal Lewis (15m)

So by my reckoning Ashley has invested 35 million in the last few months

35 million in the last TWELVE months to be more accurate

Please desist from stating facts you condescending prick.

Little bit of friction coming into the conversation. Oh well there is one fact that is clear in my opinion that is that Ashley doesn’t give a shit and Bruce is just shit actually that’s 2 facts!

Excuses for who?? Are you fucking completely and utterly dense??

My point was Bruce has been backed with roughly £100m. Was joelinton his signing? Well he was quick to claim that as soon as walked through the door and before he realised how fucking shit he was.

This is my last post to you macreerry because it's obvious you've fuck all else to do only try and wind people up online. Seriously man get a life