Aston Villa v Newcastle | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle

Rza

Vital Champions League
Any early predictions? I'm going for a 3-0 home win and for us to have 2 shots - both off target. Bruce's recent interviews (I read them because I can't look at him or listen to him) have me really hoping we get fuckin hammered. I hope my prediction is wrong and villa score 6. No doubt Bruce will have dusted himself down, rolled his sleeves up and have a go HIS WAY. Then his post match interview will be full of the usual cringeworthy cliches only he can get away with.

You're on thin ice Broocie and I can't wait to see it crack

Not expecting anything but a defeat from this game, any game right now tbh. Bruce is no doubt going to play his last card by hoying ASM on and hoping for the best.

Just a few short months ago I was getting lectured for not expecting to compete with Man United

Those who have posted so far in this thread now expect us to get beaten (heavily) by Aston Villa

Same squad, same manager - what's changed?

For the record I would be over the fuckin moon with a point tonight

Last edited:
Just a few short months ago I was getting lectured for not expecting to compete with Man United

Those who have posted so far kn this thread now expect to get beaten (heavily) by Aston Villa

Thread's not about you it's about the Villa game .

Reactions: Rza
Dont try too hard Keggy

Just putting things in context

The question clearly was what's changed?

Last edited:

Those who have posted so far in this thread now expect us to get beaten (heavily) by Aston Villa

Bruce is what has changed things.

If you mix the right flour with water and yeast plus employ the right tactics, as soon as it's out the correctly heated oven for the right amount of time then you should have bread.

Bruce has the same ingredients but the tactical nous of a fridge so once you put these ingredients in and out of said fridge, you're left with a gloopy mess.

Bruce is what has changed things.

If you mix the right flour with water and yeast plus employ the right tactics, as soon as it's out the correctly heated oven for the right amount of time then you should have bread.

Bruce has the same ingredients but the tactical nous of a fridge so once you put these ingredients in and out of said fridge, you're left with a gloopy mess.

Not being funny mate but I havent a clue what you mean

What's changed ?

Bruce's incompetence and cluelessness with regards to Team selection, tactics, training etc and that a few players have regressed since he's took charge. Eg Shelvey playing golf 3/4 times per week, ridiculous amount of time off they get.

The insane amount of luck he's had, they played like this since he came but a few lucky results and he's doing a great job.

The new signings that 95% of people were wanking over at the start of the season haven't set the place alight as was weirdly expected by some. Talk of Europe, pundits saying that SDU had the best window blah blah blah. Of those signings only Wilson can actually call himself a footballer.

Then the thing that really gets on my tits is the incessant comparison with Benitez. "He's doing better than Rafa" bullshit line, from the same muppets who brought us "Support the team, not the regime".

The pundits that talk shite like Savage, Sutton, Slimy Jordan etc all saying the fans expect too much and Bruce is doing the best job with what he's got. As if we all should accept it! Fuck off, we want an owner that will compete, bit of ambition, paying the going rate for PL standard players. Is that too much to ask? No reason why they can't compete with Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Southampton etc. For a club that is often in the top 20 richest clubs in the WORLD not just the PL CAN and SHOULD be able to match these clubs financially. They don't because Ashley doesn't want to as it'll reduce his profit margins, all he cares about is buying up the high Street from the PL TV cash and worldwide advertising for Shite direct which he now pays a measley sum for.

I think all if the emotion has been drained now, nobody gives a fuck anymore. Think the failed takeover has brought most of the sheep onside.

What's changed ?

Bruce's incompetence and cluelessness with regards to Team selection, tactics, training etc and that a few players have regressed since he's took charge. Eg Shelvey playing golf 3/4 times per week, ridiculous amount of time off they get.

The insane amount of luck he's had, they played like this since he came but a few lucky results and he's doing a great job.

The new signings that 95% of people were wanking over at the start of the season haven't set the place alight as was weirdly expected by some. Talk of Europe, pundits saying that SDU had the best window blah blah blah. Of those signings only Wilson can actually call himself a footballer.

Then the thing that really gets on my tits is the incessant comparison with Benitez. "He's doing better than Rafa" bullshit line, from the same muppets who brought us "Support the team, not the regime".

The pundits that talk shite like Savage, Sutton, Slimy Jordan etc all saying the fans expect too much and Bruce is doing the best job with what he's got. As if we all should accept it! Fuck off, we want an owner that will compete, bit of ambition, paying the going rate for PL standard players. Is that too much to ask? No reason why they can't compete with Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Southampton etc. For a club that is often in the top 20 richest clubs in the WORLD not just the PL CAN and SHOULD be able to match these clubs financially. They don't because Ashley doesn't want to as it'll reduce his profit margins, all he cares about is buying up the high Street from the PL TV cash and worldwide advertising for Shite direct which he now pays a measley sum for.

I think all if the emotion has been drained now, nobody gives a fuck anymore. Think the failed takeover has brought most of the sheep onside.

All that has changed since last October ??

I'm referring to comments made just 4 months ago where there was an expectation from a few on here that we should be competing with Man United - some of those now fully expect to get possed by Aston Villa

Who cares?

All that has changed since last October ??

You know as well as I do the problems at SDU have been there for almost 14 years. Since October when the takeover failed drained the life out of pretty much everyone. No more excuses, no more bullshit just fuck off Ashley, fuck off Bruce!

Also I'm fucking fed up with these so called pundits who keep saying the fans DEMAND attacking football. Who the fuck has said that? they haven't played attacking football since SBR.