Aston Villa v Newcastle Utd Match Thread 21/8 3pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle Utd Match Thread 21/8 3pm

I'd go with this but think Smith will go with Targett LB and Young instead of Bidace.

Also not sure he'll bring Luiz straight back in after no pre season.

Either way I look forward to all the petulant, arrogant moaning because Smith has not picked exactly the same 11 a brick layer from Shirley wanted.

I'd say Luiz has had a better 'pre-season' work out than most of our first team squad.

If we hadn't bought Ings, I'd get the panic on Ollie, as Wes/Davis aren't the answer (and one is injured anyway) but Ings is a top class striker and then we look forward to Ollie returning to play WITH - as I am sure they can - Ings.

And Bailey gave us a lovely glimpse the last match of what he is capable of.

Looking forward to this match.

I dont quite share your optimism but Im hoping for a solid performance. I think regarding Watkins its not so much a panic that he's injured its just the same old injury updates that he'll hopefully be here next week then the next week and so on.

:agree:

DS on Watkins:

“I’m hopeful that he’ll be back for Brentford. If not, he’ll definitely be back after the international break. He suffered a knee injury. I don’t know too much about what it was but we were hopeful he’d be ready for tomorrow, but I don’t expect him to play."

He "doesn't know too much" about his injury? Erm, ok...

Blimey .

Deja vu .

Looking forward to seeing Ollie back .

In November.

Hope everyone ok - will be interesting to see how we play tomorrow, no Grealish / Barkley or Watkins is a massive hole in our creativity and goals from last season.

The defence conceding 3 ( could have been more ) last week was scary, i just hope the JT leaving hasn`t put them back to the bad old ways.

................................Martinez

.Cash.......................Konsa.........................Mings......................Targett..
..........................................Luiz........SJM

......................................................Buendia
Bailey .................................Ings ..........................Not Jack Not Ollie Not Bert

That's a stronger side than when we played without Jack last season but it sure isn't stronger than one with him in it

It’ll be a tough game and one where I think we’ll be a bit clunky given how new our team is.

Can’t wait to be back though, it isn’t going to be an away roll over though, I think it’ll be a tight game which could go either way - with a good chance of a stalemate. I think it’s going to take us longer than we think to get going this season, and that’s natural considering the changes.

Can’t wait to be back though, bang up for this one!! Copyright Sirden