Aston Villa v Newcastle United Match Thread (Sat 23) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle United Match Thread (Sat 23)

I'd rather have Ramsey to start the match. His all-around game offers far more than Marvelous.

Still, another 7-2 will satisfy me thank you:grinning:

Marv was fine v Burnley.

I don't really look upon Douggie as a defensive midfielder in the true sense , he is far too attacking for that.

He’s so good at recycling the ball and playing in that space though, I think he makes a lot of things tick in that position that go a bit under the radar.

Happy to see him play a bit higher and show what he can do, we just can’t normally afford for him to do that with SJM and Barkley, as he’s a genius at reading the play and dropping into a safety position.

Mass hysteria setting in from Toon fans before the game has even started, criticising team selection and lack of width in the team with 2 up front. The way they’re talking, Hendrick and Shelvy resemble something akin to Laurel and Hardy! COYVB.....:utv::utv::utv::utv:

My views on Marv are a bit mixed, I think he should be better than he is, he’s got loads of energy and is decent at winning the ball but needs to be more consistent and work better with his team mates. Hope he takes his chance tonight.

Just have to make sure we keep our heads and don't get impatient if we don't get a goal in the first half hour. Newcastle will set up to frustrate us and keep it tight. If we get the early goal I'll be very confident we can see it through.

My views on Marv are a bit mixed, I think he should be better than he is, he’s got loads of energy and is decent at winning the ball but needs to be more consistent and work better with his team mates. Hope he takes his chance tonight.

The main thing that lets Marv down is his ball distribution. He is more of a proper DM than Luiz. However Luiz is just better than him at nearly everything. If Marv could play it and not give it away he would be good enough for now.

Brucie going with 2 strikers I would think is a direct response to criticism of his style of play. Trying to prove he’s not a negative manager. Hopefully having the lamppost Carroll stood offering very little is at least one extra they have moved from their flat back 9.