Aston Villa v Newcastle Match Thread - Mon 25 Nov, 8pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle Match Thread - Mon 25 Nov, 8pm

With an unexpected but extended spell on the sidelines for key Aston Villa player Jack Grealish, there was plenty of hope that the November international break would work in our favour when it came to injuries and that seems to be the case as earlier on Thursday, the club sent out some training images and eagle eyed fans spotted both Jack and Jota back out on the pitch.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...e-else-double-villa-boost-ahead-of-newcastle/

Results matter, but so do other things. When Burnley came up and then went straight down again, did they sack Dyche? Nope, and they reaped the rewards of that decision.

No matter how we do, I think the owners will back their instincts on whether to stick with a manager or move on. I reckon Dean has built up a lot of credit as far as they're concerned, so if we did go down they would probably stick with him.

But we aren't going down. So there!

Not the right thread for this debate but who else is out there who could do a better job? Smith is working on a longer project.

If we want a short term impact manager the best out there is Neil Warnock.

We’ve tried every type of manager out there over the past decade - the Lamberts to the Mcleish’s, Houliers to the Garde’s, through to the Di Matteo’s and the Sherwood’s.

The one who I felt could only go one way (up) was RDM and he made us worse! One of the better of the bunch - Garde - had a shocking team with morale and ability through the floor, so an unknown Frenchman doesn’t work either.

I personally love the fact a Villa fan is manager and a Villa fan is captain. No club of any relative in the world has what we have right now, let’s enjoy the ride. It’s not the be all and end all, but it’s the first time in a long, long time I’ve had this much faith in the owners and management and I’m a critical bastard.

:utv::utv::utv:

Last edited: