Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 9 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

Some of the coach trips are a bit late, we did national express last year but that leaves 11.30.

Just checking ticket prices with the online ticket companies.
Hundreds of tickets in the City end from £80, cheapest in the Villa end £400

Tbf how many times have they been over the last number of years? Madrid away a few days before for some, trains after the game back to Manchester are probably scarce and generally it’s an expensive day out so I can understand some swerving it. Of course for it’s a big deal as it’s our first league cup final in 10 years and trips to Wembley for us aren’t as frequent. Before anyone mentions the play off finals, yes I know but I’m talking more about major finals.

Now man city are BANNED from Europe for the next 2 year's.does that mean win or lose the cup WE will AUTOMATICALLY go in Europe in their place should they win the Carabao cup ???

Now man city are BANNED from Europe for the next 2 year's.does that mean win or lose the cup WE will AUTOMATICALLY go in Europe in their place should they win the Carabao cup ???

Sod the Europa League....playing against them in the Carabo Cup Final clearly means we should take their place in the Champions League...:yes:

Unfortunately ... the winner of the EFL cup, if they haven't qualified for Europe by other means, goes into the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League. If that winner has got into Europe by other means, that slot goes to the next team in the PL which hasn't already qualified. So as regards the EFL cup, loser takes nowt, either way.

With MC banned, if they lose the appeal it just means another non-qualified PL team gets in. So, as the table stands, 1-5 excluding MC qualify for the Champions League, 6th qualifies for Europa group stage, FA cup winner or 7th qualifies for Europa group stage, 8th qualifies for Europa 2nd qualifying round if EFL and FA cup winners have already qualified.