Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

BTY anybody know how many members there really are ?.I read today on FB there's 28k that with 30k season ticket holders the grounds too small.i think the math doesn't work lol.

2 tickets £200
Fuel / transport £65
Parking £25
Programme £20
Sustenance £80
the chance to see villa win at Wembley: priceless

agreed, should be extra loyalty to those who stuck with the club in the Championship.
I suppose that even though I went to most of our Championship games the fact is those that put their money up front are more use to the Villa than I am.

Unfortunately, discontent from some over this game and reaching the final.

I bet our recently departed greatest ever manager is turning in his grave given his success in the competition and the foundation it laid for the following league and European triumphs

Will never EVER pass up the opportunity to see my club at a big final showpiece occasion despite the fact that I'm in a way dreading a Watford style Fa cup final game. GULP!

Just a suggestion but having a thread on the final is a great opportunity for those that are apathetic and bemoan the fact that we are there to offer their tickets (if they qualify for one ) to fellow fans who would love to attend this occasion.
Wow Winston Churchill would be proud with that veiled rant

BTY anybody know how many members there really are ?.I read today on FB there's 28k that with 30k season ticket holders the grounds too small.i think the math doesn't work lol.

20 000 is the number mentioned at an FCG. But no idea if they continued selling after that.

Cant wait for this one. Optimistic, think things have fallen well for us with City playing at the Bernabeu a couple of days before the final.

I hope McGinn is back...
Didn’t know that. I’ve just checked their fixtures and they have a game the Tuesday after too, (but it’s only a cup game again Sheff Wed) and then Man U on the following Sunday so that run of fixtures could play into our hands. Our only hope is Man City go into the game unprepared and drop the ball, which isn’t impossible judging by their current season 22 points off top spot

Some people find it hard to stump up £ssssss in one go and can only afford match by match like myself.been to 9+ this season 14 last season so on and so on But yes I know what you mean.

There is the finance option to spread the cost or do what I do and put £20 into an envelope every home game. Going to 9 games this season I bet you’ve paid a similar amount as me for 20 (Including the ‘free’ cup game’).

Strange the club haven’t offered tickets to people who were members in the championship first or those who’ve been the most home games rather than a free for all come 5pm on that date, the website has a wobbly when away tickets become available to season ticket holders but this’ll be like Glastonbury tickets where demand far outweighs supply, you’ll just have to be very lucky.
Perhaps a bit surprising there’s not a home game criteria for non season ticket holders but I think once the season ticket holders have taken their seats it will be very slim pickings anyway and maybe difficult to justify having a separate criteria date?

Agree the website is crap for buying tickets in the permitted windows. I wouldn’t recommend trying on your mobile..

There is the finance option to spread the cost or do what I do and put £20 into an envelope every home game. Going to 9 games this season I bet you’ve paid a similar amount as me for 20 (Including the ‘free’ cup game’).
True,costs a bit more game by game.the only way I could do it is stay away for 3/4s of the season and save my money for the following year.but after going to the villa for 44 years I couldn't wait that long lol.

Last edited:
Last season City were in the FA Cup Final - my lad likes them so I take a fleeting interest, there were loads of seats in their end as their old school fans had to make financial decisions with all their Wembley trips and CL games.

True,costs a bit more game by game.the only way I could do it is stay away for 3/4s of the season and save my money for the following year.but after going to the villa for 44 years I couldn't wait that long lol.

save £10 a week and you'll have £520 for a ST at the end of the year. That's how I look at it. Not even the cost of a take away once a week. I know I waste more than £10 every week on various crap and that doesn't include Villa:grinning:

Apologies if this is in a post but I haven’t seen it, what’s the allocation?

Is the atmosphere better in the upper or lower? I normally go lower around 136-137 I’ve been upper twice at Wembo, once against liverpool which was amazing though it probably was everywhere, but I thought it was flat against United in the League cup we got cheated out of - and everyone was sitting all game 😉

Only ask because someone posted on here upper was better before the playoff final.