Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 10 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

Tbf how many times have they been over the last number of years? Madrid away a few days before for some, trains after the game back to Manchester are probably scarce and generally it’s an expensive day out so I can understand some swerving it. Of course for it’s a big deal as it’s our first league cup final in 10 years and trips to Wembley for us aren’t as frequent. Before anyone mentions the play off finals, yes I know but I’m talking more about major finals.

I know what you mean, but I am really not interested in being fair - if your club reaches a cup final, and your home gate is in the 50k-plus range, you should be selling out your allocation. I don't care who else you are playing that week or whenever.

I don't think you would see Liverpool or ManUre going to general sale 3 weeks before the final.

I know what you mean, but I am really not interested in being fair - if your club reaches a cup final, and your home gate is in the 50k-plus range, you should be selling out your allocation. I don't care who else you are playing that week or whenever.

I don't think you would see Liverpool or ManUre going to general sale 3 weeks before the final.

Difference is both Man Utd and Liverpool have hundreds of thousands of fans (literally) in the south east. In my London office, there is a block of about 18 desks and there are at least 6 Man U or Liverpool “fans”.

Man City aren’t a huge club, no bigger than West Ham, their stadium is full of Asian tourists. The London tourists will pick up the tickets and watch in awe 33k midlanders belting out Allez, Allez, Allez.

Before I had a season ticket (being poor at the time and playing Saturday football) I was able to get Wembley tickets for the Villa, I needed a good booking history but not ST. I’ve been to many grounds up and down the country over the years on general sale, our standards this season are very high but in the past it’s not always been as strong.

Historically big clubs with big, worldwide fan bases, if they didn’t fill it with English based fans they could fill it with fans from around the world. Liverool played a friendly in the MCG in Melbourne (100,000 capacity) and sold it out, barmy. City can buy success but that doesn’t mean they’re suddenly going to attract millions of fans.

That said you’d think they could fill their end on general sale as it might be an attractive game to the casual fan who don’t get the chance to go to the bigger games such as cup finals at Wembley.

Before I had a season ticket (being poor at the time and playing Saturday football) I was able to get Wembley tickets for the Villa, I needed a good booking history but not ST. I’ve been to many grounds up and down the country over the years on general sale, our standards this season are very high but in the past it’s not always been as strong.

This is true of me too. I had season tickets when I was young but when I was in my late teens/early 20’s and had to go to college and work weekends I couldn’t have a season ticket. Me and my mate used to mix it up home/away and getting an away ticket was always a breeze on general sale including trips to Wembley. This season for the first time in years I don’t have any away booking history due to the way they’ve sold them. I’m sure it’s just hype that will just just mellow out again, no chance will there be 30,000 buying a season ticket if we go down.

Last edited:
This is potentially good news for me re general sale of Man City tickets.
I am a member, but only been able to get up to Brum for seven games at Villa Park this season.
There will be no tickets left by the time my turn to apply comes round so maybe I can keep my trap shut in the Citeh end for ninety minutes.

Edit. Plan is a non starter, just been over on the Man City site and you must be a Cityzen club member.

Last edited:
This is potentially good news for me re general sale of Man City tickets.
I am a member, but only been able to get up to Brum for seven games at Villa Park this season.
There will be no tickets left by the time my turn to apply comes round so maybe I can keep my trap shut in the Citeh end for ninety minutes.

Edit. Plan is a non starter, just been over on the Man City site and you must be a Cityzen club member.

They’re on GS apparently and you only need to have attended 1 game at Eastlands to qualify.

If you’ve been to 7 this season you should’ve bought one for Spurs tomorrow, would’ve took you to 8.

They’re on GS apparently and you only need to have attended 1 game at Eastlands to qualify.

If you’ve been to 7 this season you should’ve bought one for Spurs tomorrow, would’ve took you to 8.
Thank you. That includes a Spurs ticket sadly so no good.

Just got seat for Dave M as he’s at work. We will decide who sits where. Got a good one in 142 and mine is 137. We may switch.

Wasn't as bad as I thought 20 minutes wait then 3 tickets later level 5 block 141.looked on plan there's a good few left around the ground.

WTF is going on with the trains this year? Last 2 seasons I've managed to get one straight to Wembley Stadium, this year I have to change at least once if not 2 or 3 times at some random stations. Anyone know if there will be more trains put on?
I've just seen that the Dingles are away at Spuds the same day so that will fill them up even more as well.

My advice for anybody who has just booked, keep checking on your account to see if the tickets have been printed. Mine were booked & paid for on the 4th but Villa have still not bothered to print them, let alone post them, in spite of being chased up. Their not entirely convincing response was that I "should" get them in time!

WTF is going on with the trains this year? Last 2 seasons I've managed to get one straight to Wembley Stadium, this year I have to change at least once if not 2 or 3 times at some random stations. Anyone know if there will be more trains put on?
I've just seen that the Dingles are away at Spuds the same day so that will fill them up even more as well.

https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/changes/202003

There’s some information on there, pretty much the same setup from moor street as the last 2 years, amended timetables won’t show up until nearer the time.

Got my ticket today, was getting a bit worried as I’ve recently moved house and wasn’t sure if it went to the old address and bypassed Royal Mail redirect - but we’re all good!