Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 48 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

Yeah, for me their quality is undoubted and I have no problem with the fact ours isn't, as we've been down and out and now trying to get back going.

Have no truck whatsoever with being beaten by better. I just don't think we play smartly against better and sadly my thoughts are backed up by our woeful results v all the top ten this season.

Hey ho, time for me to move on, look at the rest of the season, cup is done and dusted, sadly.
We've barely played any of the top ten at home this season and of those we have, we've beaten Everton convincingly and would have got a point from Spurs if not for a stupid individual error in the dying embers. We almost got something against Liverpool as well and that was without Grealish.

We played very smartly against City which is why we lost to a single goal that shouldn't have been and almost scored an equaliser in the final few minutes.

You need to give credit where it's due and this Villa team is not a silverware winning team yet, or a top ten team yet, but we are making huge strides considering where we were 18 months ago.

We will without doubt go down but will be a force from the off in the Championship next season.

We may or may not go down.

This year is irrelevant. Next season (in whatever division) is what counts. We stay up, we have to impress more. We go down, we have to storm it.

It's as simple as that for me and one of the reasons, given the summer rebuild, I'm happy to give so much leeway this year as it's preparation for the future.

I'm happy to give so much leeway this year as it's preparation for the future.
Pretty much agree with this sentiment. We'll still be Aston Villa, whichever league, and 20 months ago we might not have been. We don't need the PL, the PL needs us.