Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread

This got me thinking - in the past two games Jack has been on the pitch with two of the players supposedly keeping him out of the England team - Maddison and Mount. I wonder if that has been on his mind? Trying too hard to prove he's better than them? And unfortunately, Mount scored a Worldie and Maddison ran our midfield ragged....
I do think Grealish has a tendency to try too hard at times, especially when there’s something to do with the England team, eg if the manager watching.

Usually when he tries too hard he comes up short, he usually relies on his natural talent but when he’s desperate to impress you can tell he overthinks and does silly things with the ball which often results in loosing possession.

We've played a midfield-three of Marvelous, Luiz and McGinn in two games this season. Wolves away and Leicester home. In both matches we have been completely overrun in midfield.
We slate Hourihane for being ineffective but he's clearly not the problem. Might be time to look at going back to McGinn/Grealish in front of one holding player. My understanding was that Nakamba and Luiz were the two players bought for the defensive midfield/pivot role to replace Jedinak and Whelan, so I don't see why they're playing at the same time....
Great post. I think the manager needs to come under some scrutiny now. We've lost almost 60% of our games , we are massively underachieving given the resources he's been handed. I can almost predict already what will happen at brammall lane this coming weekend.

Great post. I think the manager needs to come under some scrutiny now. We've lost almost 60% of our games , we are massively underachieving given the resources he's been handed. I can almost predict already what will happen at brammall lane this coming weekend.

And I can predict what you will predict lol.

Leicester are very good at what they do. BR is a very good coach and we have to accept we fell short. They are years ahead of us progression wise. Have to live with it for now.

It's not just Leicester it's the other 8 defeats on top of this and the failure to beat your Burnley and West Ham's of this world at home. All very costly

I stopped reading when it said 'His physicality, blistering pace and ability to bully defenders out of the game are valuable assets in any league, let alone the Premier League.' :lol:

Clearly that is a different Wesley to the one we signed?

Exactly what I did but I scrolled to the bottom to see if the article was written by S Wonder

It looked and felt yesterday that the effort and disappointments of the near misses we have had has caught up with them. Felt like we succumbed too easily as their belief has been knocked too many times .
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
United .
All great efforts but one solitary point to show for their efforts .

Soon as we went one down they looked beat to me.

It looked and felt yesterday that the effort and disappointments of the near misses we have had has caught up with them. Felt like we succumbed too easily as their belief has been knocked too many times .
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
United .

It could've also been one of those death-sentence pre-game chats, you know like "it's imperative that we don't let Vardy get in behind inside the first half-hour boys"
:slap:

Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
United .

Spot on Melon , when elGhazi hit the bar and then they score it knocked us for six the Stadium died as well. It's going to take some manager to motivate this lot after the stuffing has been knocked out of us.
We need to grind out some clean sheets because we'll always get a goal

Perhaps we've ignored the "third match in a week" syndrome. We always look a bit knackered when that happens. The PL is tough, and maybe players are just getting used to it.

We'd better play the reserves against Liverpool.

Perhaps we've ignored the "third match in a week" syndrome. We always look a bit knackered when that happens. The PL is tough, and maybe players are just getting used to it.

We'd better play the reserves against Liverpool.

Nah we played twice a week every week in the championship