Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread

A bit of controversy coming up I'm afraid.
I'd play without an out and out forward and just swamp midfield with different players breaking forward.
I do believe that's called playing with a false number 9.
I'd recall Guilbert at rightback to look after Vardy and Chilwell.
Mings has been performing like he has it made and doesn't have to give 100% since his England appearances. So I'd give him a rest and play Hause.
Then in midfield I'd go with Nakamba, Douglas, Lansbury, Grealish, Jota and young Archer.
I'd give McGinn the day off because he's looked like he's needed a rest since the last international break.

I'd play without an out and out forward and just swamp midfield with different players breaking forward.
Mings has been performing like he has it made and doesn't have to give 100% since his England appearances. So I'd give him a rest and play Hause.
Then in midfield I'd go with Nakamba, Douglas, Lansbury, Grealish, Jota and young Archer.
I'd give McGinn the day off because he's looked like he's needed a rest since the last international break.
The only team I’ve ever seen play with that false 9 successfully was the all conquering Spain team in 2008-2012. Their midfield contained the likes of Inesta, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Fabregas, Navas etc. They were explosive, with two attacking full backs in Capdevilla and Ramos, incredible at keeping the ball and world class. We’re nowhere near close to that.
Chelsea tried playing Hazard as the false 9 under Sarri a few times last year. It was a disaster..

Our results are becoming quite predictable. We lose to the top teams, beat the bottom teams - no real surprises or shocks. So I think we'll probably get beat v Leicester then go on to beat Southampton, Norwich and watford. It's how we do against the likes of Sheff U, Palace and Burnley that will decide if we are just outside the top six or just outside the bottom six. Whichever, we'll be in the middle third.

Think we can get a point in this, i think Leicester have won 7 on the bounce so due to drop something.

They are better than us obviously but hoping our home support can give us an extra spark.

Anwar to come back in if fit. Otherwise Trez.
Freddie for Elmo. Harsh on Elmo after yesterday but Freddie is the future and mire pacey.

Can't afford to have Connor being a passenger in the side just in case we get a free kick for this one as it's not a lower team, despite being at home . If its like playing with 10 with Wesley it was more like 9 last night with Connor aswell. So no brainer, Luiz in. Massive difference when he came on last night.

Kodjia for Wesley. I'm not writing Wesley off like some but he needs to be taken out of the spotlight and we need to change tact a bit.

No sentiment in this one with regards to selection. Freddie needs to come back as we need his pace against their attacking threat. Engels should come back and start with Marvellous and Luiz and Kodija.

Heaton
Freddie Konsa Engels Targett
Luiz Marvellous
Trez SJM Jack
Kodija

I cant see DS agreeing with me though.

Am I mad for thinking that El Ghazi could do a decent job up front? Obviously he wouldn't win much in the air but not would Kodjia who has been dreadful every time I've seen him this season.

Am I mad for thinking that El Ghazi could do a decent job up front? Obviously he wouldn't win much in the air but not would Kodjia who has been dreadful every time I've seen him this season.

It was only a weeks ago loads of people were calling El Ghazi a fanny and saying we needed better wide players. Now all of a sudden loads of people suggesting we play him at centre forward!
Deano doesn’t seem to like playing people out of position so can’t see it myself. If he’s going to drop Wesley it will be Kodjia coming in for him.

I would sacrifice getting anything from Chelsea to beat Leicester as I just cannot stand them or their fans. I have a neighbour who struts around in his home shirt and posts shitty comments on FB. The best of it is that the only time he has been to the ground was when he had his wedding held in the conference suite - never been to a game in his life. The tosser was unbearable the year they won the title and we got relegated.
Come on Villa, wipe that smug grin off his face - just for me!!

It was only a weeks ago loads of people were calling El Ghazi a fanny and saying we needed better wide players. Now all of a sudden loads of people suggesting we play him at centre forward!
Deano doesn’t seem to like playing people out of position so can’t see it myself. If he’s going to drop Wesley it will be Kodjia coming in for him.[/QUOT

I've never called him a fanny. I'm a fan of his, frustrating though he can be. I can't see Kodjia getting another start to be honest. He's probably on his way out in January and he's been awful every time I've seen him this season.

Deano doesn’t seem to like playing people out of position so can’t see it myself. If he’s going to drop Wesley it will be Kodjia coming in for him.

And yet he plays Wesley out of position all the time.
Wesley, for all his size has never been a centreforward, apart from the few times he's filled in because of injury.
He was scoring goals for fun in Belgium by playing wide left and cutting in.
He played wide right a few times without as much success but, more than he had when filling in at centreforward.
I think they looked at his size and because of Deano's track record of improving players thought he could be turned into an English type centreforward.
I don't think we can afford to wait for that to happen, if it ever does.

Here's all the evidence if it were required, that you will never make a bottom flight let alone top manager with that kind of crack pipe nonsense!