Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 34 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

Terrific 3 points after another slow start. If they’d had a two goal lead at half time we couldn’t really have complained but had the feeling that if we could get to break all square we’d improve second half and so it proved. Thought we were superb. That first 15 minutes of the second half immediately set the tone and suggested a few strong words may have been have been aired by the boss and co. Immediate response and we could have easily gone on to score 4 or 5 such was our superiority second half and tbh they didn’t really create a lot other than the header from Barnes. Worthy winners and a cracking game of football.
The facts are they didn’t have a 2 goal lead and it’s us that should’ve gone in 2-1 up, and won by more had the ref not been an incompetent clown, so not sure what your point is there?
The rest though fully agree 👍

So strange the first half, the whole momentum was so wrong. Can't understand that. Gerrard said after it took some home truths at half time, whatever he did, it was chalk and cheese first half to second.

Brilliant win.

So good to see, because we haven’t witnessed a change at half-time since John Gregory was manager.

He needs a rocket up his arse to get moving though. Not sure I’ve seen a lazier youngster, usually at that age they’re raring to go and want to chase everything down. Maybe it shows he’s more composed but he has a long way to go before he’s good enough to get away with that style
He also needs to sign that contract or fuck off for me, don’t waste other players development by playing someone who’s eyes are looking elsewhere, I mean who the fuck does he think he is, Grealish had to wait and so will he.

He also needs to sign that contract or fuck off for me, don’t waste other players development by playing someone who’s eyes are looking elsewhere, I mean who the fuck does he think he is, Grealish had to wait and so will he.
What's happened to Louis Barry?

Watched MOTD and Luiz making that tackle again in our penalty area in the second half.
It was rash but was it a penalty shout?

Think it would have been given last season (depending on the teams playing).

Definitely not a penalty for me and if it happened to one of our players I’d say the same. It’s usual shite players going down looking for it instead of standing and going for it.

The facts are they didn’t have a 2 goal lead and it’s us that should’ve gone in 2-1 up, and won by more had the ref not been an incompetent clown, so not sure what your point is there?
The rest though fully agree 👍

The point I was trying to make was pretty straightforward tbh. Irrespective of the disallowed goal Leicester could easily have been leading at the break based on the first half. This is obviously my opinion not a fact but I think most Villa fans and neutrals would agree tbh and that’s why Gerrard alluded to telling them a few home truths at half time. I was delighted to be level at the break even with the disallowed controversy because I thought we’d be better second half and thankfully that turned out to be the case.

He’s at Ipswich on loan, not sure if he got a game on Saturday though.

He's barely played. He did apparently have some injury trouble earlier in the season but he's not really had any game time. They've been shite as well, the manager there has just got the sack.

The point I was trying to make was pretty straightforward tbh. Irrespective of the disallowed goal Leicester could easily have been leading at the break based on the first half. This is obviously my opinion not a fact but I think most Villa fans and neutrals would agree tbh and that’s why Gerrard alluded to telling them a few home truths at half time. I was delighted to be level at the break even with the disallowed controversy because I thought we’d be better second half and thankfully that turned out to be the case.

Absolutely. Easy point to understand tbh. Much as the Ramsey goal was a pisser I couldn't help at half time but feel that even at 1-1 we had got away with it. It was one of the worst first half performances this season.

Good to see that one of our "elite" referees doesn't know the rules.

What must Mike Riley be teaching them at reffing school ?

Anyway irrespective of that the notion that the goalie had the ball under control in what was a fraction of a second is ridiculous.

It means if a keeper makes a one handed save he's in control. It doesn't mean if a keeper spills a ball on a rebound and then has one hand on it, he's in control.
It's badly worded but I think except applies to the touching thing only...otherwise he would be deemed to be not in control of the ball even if he had both hands on it.