Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

So glad to beat that cheating bunch of tossers. 25 fouls and only 1 booking. Of course the first card went to a Villa man as well.

A battle rather than a sparkling performance. Mostly poor first half but took over the second half and should have scored more. Our finishing and decision making needs to improve if we're to get into that top 8. Defence was rock solid. I'm not sure that Ramsey is best used in that attacking midfield role though.

Maddison deserved a sending off for that pathetic few seconds late on. Passed it directly to Chucky, got dribbled round like he was a training cone then petulantly lashed out like a kid. After seeing him tonight I'm no longer surprised his career has flatlined.

Great win. Great atmosphere. Onto Liverpool next week. UTV

Luiz had a nightmare first half. Barnes must be quick as first half he gave Cash a torrid time. Cash was obviously told to get real close and get straight into him second half and it worked a treat. Im not used to this lol praise where its due a clever adjustment.
I think cash was stuck to him like glue and konsa moved slightly more to the right so if/when Barnes got past Cash then Konsa was on him straight away.
That's how I saw it anyway.

SJM fully justifying the S in his initials.
He has been amazing this season. But under Gerrard he has been on fire fire fire. Super fire.
I think I would rather fight Ming's than Konsa. Konsa is an absolute beast.

Ps wouldn't want to be punched by Ming's either tbf.

I thought Buendia although clearly very talented was poor today. Lost the ball a few times when it needed shifting on. To be fair we lost the ball a lot in the first half. We were our own worst enemies.

I was impressed with Chucky today got for more involved than he did on Wednesday.

Terrific 3 points after another slow start. If they’d had a two goal lead at half time we couldn’t really have complained but had the feeling that if we could get to break all square we’d improve second half and so it proved. Thought we were superb. That first 15 minutes of the second half immediately set the tone and suggested a few strong words may have been have been aired by the boss and co. Immediate response and we could have easily gone on to score 4 or 5 such was our superiority second half and tbh they didn’t really create a lot other than the header from Barnes. Worthy winners and a cracking game of football.

Terrific 3 points after another slow start. If they’d had a two goal lead at half time we couldn’t really have complained but had the feeling that if we could get to break all square we’d improve second half and so it proved. Thought we were superb. That first 15 minutes of the second half immediately set the tone and suggested a few strong words may have been have been aired by the boss and co. Immediate response and we could have easily gone on to score 4 or 5 such was our superiority second half and tbh they didn’t really create a lot other than the header from Barnes. Worthy winners and a cracking game of football.
Yup, two strong second half performances in as many games, against two of the better sides in the League. Moving in the right direction :utv:

Interesting comments from Gerrard after the game about some players either not buying into it or not up to it yet. He’s clearly demanding and has high standards. And Ramsay saying the training is more intense and the standard higher. WTF were they doing before!??

These players can't really question Gerrard's demands because they know damn well he was a better player than all of them. When they sit across from him in his office they can't help but know that. I think his playing career being so fresh in the memory helps in that regard. He also carries himself with authority and doesn't seem to want to be their mate. It was a bit cringe when we signed Bailey and Smith walked across the training ground singing "there's only one Leon Bailey".

As for what they were doing before I think managers have 2 or 3 year cycles these days and players start getting bored of their methods especially if things aren't going well. At that point you either change the manager or change the players.

Great result but what an absolutely twat of a ref. This guy needs to give it up if he’s that shite. Can’t believe he can go home tonight and be proud of himself after that showing. Needs to do everyone a favour and quit the sport.

What scares me is he is actually one of the better ones normally, and he made some fantastic decisions during the game itself but so easily let himself down with others.

Luiz was average at best today (thought it was actually better by his standards), Buendia though overall was shocking. Keeps giving it away so cheaply and putting us under pressure. Bit of arms flailing again today and blaming anyone but himself
Luiz was poor IMO although maybe a change of role with Nakamba now in the team. Buendia should be better than he has been, you can see he’s a very clever player but is just so sloppy with the ball far too often

Interesting comments from Gerrard after the game about some players either not buying into it or not up to it yet. He’s clearly demanding and has high standards. And Ramsay saying the training is more intense and the standard higher. WTF were they doing before!??
Sleeping in then rolling in for 12 . Sounds like standards had really slipped. Hence what was happening on the pitch (and off it)

Luiz has to be dropped and Sanson given a game.

I simply can not understand Luiz. Occasionally he has a terrific game but most of the time he is pants. Perhaps he is playing his PlayStation until 5am most mornings?

I do think Sanson has to be given a chance. Nakja is a nailed on defensive mid now. What we need is somebody to join up the play and take the ball from Nakka and feed Buendia and McGinn. I think Sanson could be that man and hopefully, the midfield will click
Tend to agree r.e. Luiz but does Ramsey deserve to be dropped to get Sanson in? Not in my view, he’s still a little raw given his inexperience but he’s quickly developing into a good player; hard working, a bit of skill, can dribble, can pass forwards. Another good game from him (ignoring that shocking second half miss) and if it wasn’t for the “referee” (if he deserves to be called that) would have got his first villa park goal

Luiz was poor IMO although maybe a change of role with Nakamba now in the team. Buendia should be better than he has been, you can see he’s a very clever player but is just so sloppy with the ball far too often
Really good result. Still need that midfield powerhouse that we talked about in the summer. But yes three points !