Aston Villa v Leeds United Friday 23rd 8pm Match Thread | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leeds United Friday 23rd 8pm Match Thread

All joking aside.....

The bigger picture is that clearly we have a very decent 1st 11. But when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come what we have in reserve is going to be a problem in my opinion.
And that will be the decisive factor in the season.
Yep. The defeat to Stoke's reserves proved that

All joking aside.....

The bigger picture is that clearly we have a very decent 1st 11. But when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come what we have in reserve is going to be a problem in my opinion.
And that will be the decisive factor in the season.

yep, You only had to look at the bench against Leicester to see that. we'd have brought fresh legs on at 60 mins but Deano doesn't trust them and had no option but to stick with them, obviously Traore being the exception. Our Bench is purely for emergencies. Would have been nice to bring on Rashica, King and Traore last night.

Yep. The defeat to Stoke's reserves proved that

Yep.
Apart from Traore (and even he is an unknown), you look at the bench last night and you just cannot make a case for any of those starting ahead of those that have this season, which in the cold light of day is very much an issue and will need rectifying if we are going to progress. I do think it will be rectified over time as it goes though.

The club is moving in the right direction. We finished 5th in the Championship two seasons ago and therefore cannot expect to have strength in depth, we've spent a hell of a lot of money so far and we are seeing the pay off this season. We will add to this over the next couple of seasons in order to achieve better depth.