Aston Villa v Leeds United Friday 23rd 8pm Match Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leeds United Friday 23rd 8pm Match Thread

Hard to argue with that. We were on a very good run. We failed to keep up the momentum. Nothing about that run was luck; it was down to hard work, improved performances individually and collectively, and a squad with the more obvious weak spots ironed out. That shouldn't disappear overnight.

Anything is possible. We could lose the next 5 matches. But there's nothing to suggest that that's likely. Until there's evidence, over the next 2 or 3 matches, that we're struggling, I'm optimistic that we can move back up to our previous performances.

I'm calmer than I was on Friday as the frustration and disappointment got me, as the game was there for us with the tiniest of improvements or a semi-competent referee.

The questions post capitulation are obvious to everyone but equally we've seen plenty of freak results and mad ten minutes this year, maybe that was our first rather than anything materially deeper?

Until we folded we were doing well, creating the better chances, albeit fewer, and they really didn't threaten that much - then Bamford got to Mings and he clicked....game over.

It shouldn't undo the improvement we've seen in other games though and even then, all of us acknowledged there was plenty of improvements still to make.

Calm and assured are the last two words I'd use to describe him. He always looks awkward to me, awkward when running, awkward with the ball at his feet.

Mings certainly has decent enough pace and is physically strong but he doesn't look as well balanced or agile as someone like Konsa who is far more smoother with his work.

So calm he gave bamford 2 seconds to move back over the ball and work a shot. Thad ended up top bins

But he also asked Bamford really politely why he had stamped on his foot and then acted like a big pansy holding the foot with which he stamped with :fish: